Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2954
View in threaded mode

Subject: "A good deal for Koni's???" Previous topic | Next topic
IowaRS_racerJun-25-01 01:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
92 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2954, "A good deal for Koni's???"

The other day I was at the local shop and this guy pulss up and see's my car and asks me if I would be interested in buying some shocks/coilovers... He says there less than a year old Koni's/adjustable and racers edge coilovers for 500 bones ... He bought them for Autocrossing and says there not that good for the street... I have factory stuff.. isd this a deal or not???

"Well you shouldnt be wearing your favorite shirt on a fucking B&E, wear your second favorite shirt you dunce..."

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
craigd887Jun-25-01 02:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
35 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2955, "RE: A good deal for Koni's???"
In response to Reply # 0

if there koni yellows i'd say so, i've seen 4 koni yellows by them selves go for 155 a peice, if your gettin them and coil overs i'd say it's a deal. my only question is if he said there not good for street why do you want them?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

cyanJun-25-01 03:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#2956, "RE: A good deal for Koni's???"
In response to Reply # 1

hmm it all depends on how good the coilovers are. cause 4 koni adjustables with a carparts coupon are 125 each, which is $500, but these are a year old. if the coilovers are shitty its not really a deal at all. youd be better off paying an extra $150, getting maxspeed coilovers, and new struts

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

koolade9Jun-25-01 04:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
537 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2957, "RE: A good deal for Koni's???"
In response to Reply # 2

for that price, you should go ahead and just get new ones. if he autocrossed them, who knows what kind of abuse they've had. it's worth the extra 100-200 to get a new set with a new set of coilovers. mine should be here soon....

IowaRS_racerJun-27-01 09:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
92 posts,
#2958, "RE: A good deal for Koni's???"
In response to Reply # 3

LAST EDITED ON 27-Jun-01 AT 02:43 PM (PST)

Yeah Im gonna autocross with them... I guess Im not that worried about street ride i drove a 1974 Ford Maverick that rode like a freakin meat wagon.... So theyd have to be pretty bad to outdo that POS.... Just looking for suspension parts but Im not too worried, sounds like Ill have to look atlittle more into it.... Thanks guys, this is yet another thing I need to learn more about... And Im not too sure how old he said they were (I wasnt paying that much attention to him...) He said that hed help put them on too... anything has got to help for my auto-xing, better than stock I mean...

"Well you shouldnt be wearing your favorite shirt on a fucking B&E, wear your second favorite shirt you dunce..."

IowaRS_racerJun-27-01 09:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
92 posts,
#2959, "RE: A good deal for Koni's???"
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah Im gonna autocross with them... I guess Im not that worried about street ride i drove a 1974 Ford Maverick that rode like a freakin meat wagon.... So theyd have to be pretty bad to outdo that POS.... Just looking for suspension parts but Im not too worried, sounds like Ill have to look atlittle more into it.... Thanks guys, this is yet another thing I need to learn more about... And Im not too sure how old he said they were (I wasnt paying that much attention to him...) He said that hed help put them on too... anything has got to help for my auto-xing, better than stock I mean...

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2954 Previous topic | Next topic