Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29081
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Suspension options" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipserider3Apr-02-06 01:59 PM
Member since Oct 29th 2005
6 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29081, "Suspension options"

Hi. i have a 95 eclipse Rs. And looking for a better suspension. Do you guys suggest anything? Im looking for a strut/spring setup.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
MurfsmasterApr-02-06 04:04 PM
Member since Mar 22nd 2005
175 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29082, "RE: Suspension options"
In response to Reply # 0

most people would say to search and you would easily find what you are looking for. Most people say that the most comfortable setup is eibach prokits and tokico illumina struts. Just search and you'll find your answers.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EclipseTenzoRApr-02-06 11:32 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#29083, "RE: Suspension options"
In response to Reply # 1
Apr-02-06 11:32 PM by EclipseTenzoR

You have to think about what you want also. Suspension in my opinion should not just be thrown on, because I learned that the hard way in some areas. You have to think about what you as a driver want. Do you want it to look good? Do you want better handling? Does comfort matter? Those are a few variables which will effect your decisions for a new suspension setup. There are a number of different struts that you can look into whether they be standard or adjustable. And obviouslly a number of different spring setups which would effect your ride height and handling. There is also the more expensive route of going with a true-coilover sleeve type system which gives you maximum amount of adjustability as far as height and dampening goes. If you have any questions about products used to lower our cars run a search and you will find a great deal of info posted over the years. Hope this has been some helpful information. I basically broke it all down for you whether you knew all of this or not there should be a lot less questions in the general area of just, I need suspension options. And more questions that are directed towards if your lowered "x" inchs whats the general rule of camber adjustment you will need. But you will find most of this if you search also. Best of luck in your search for a new suspension setup

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29081 Previous topic | Next topic