Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2663
View in threaded mode

Subject: "which brake pad is better for 97 RS" Previous topic | Next topic
loeric18_2000Jun-04-01 01:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
127 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2663, "which brake pad is better for 97 RS"

I am looking for performance pad for 97 rs. I have axxis and hawk in mind. Which one is better in performance wise, I don't worry about brake dust and the noise. thanks for the help

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RyaN95i4Jun-04-01 03:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2664, "RE: which brake pad is better for 97 RS"
In response to Reply # 0

i have EBC greenstuff on mine and love em, check out their red or yellow for track or all out performance

also, consider porterfield, RRE carries em, awesome perfoming pads http://www.roadraceengineering.com/

http://www.groundfloormotorsports.com

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SkrillaJun-05-01 09:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#2665, "I say..."
In response to Reply # 0

...go for the EBC's or porterfields. The Hawkes are very good pads and just as cheap as metal masters and Axxis but A LOT better in performance. I want to try EBC's other pads (redstuff et ) but I've been using Hawkes for a while. They don't fade or chew on your rotors. I know the hawkes out perform the axxis MM and MM is because I used them when I 1st installed my brake upgrade(11.75"PS w/GSX twin piston cal and RRE adapter bracket).

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

TeamDeanoDJun-05-01 12:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#2666, "which Hawk pads did you use?"
In response to Reply # 2

HP+ or HPS I have been using HP+ and love the performance on the autocross course. Most of my driving is on the street and they do wear out fast, dust like a mother and generate loads of heat on a crossdrilled rotor. I am considering using EBC greenstuff or KVR Performance for my next set.

DeanoD
1997RS-NeverTurbo
http://ar.dsm.org

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Deze2gJun-05-01 01:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
307 posts,
#2667, "RE: which Hawk pads did you use?"
In response to Reply # 3

I have the axxis metal master's with powerslot rotors. I noticed a big increase in stoppong, and very little brake dust. I took the dust shields off too, if i kept them on i'd prolly get even less dust. OK i know everyone is gonna ask, i took the dust shields off cuz i bent one with the pullers and it was rubbing, i will prolly get new ones sooner or later.
Deze

96' RS
IM: Deze2g
"Friends don't let friends drive stock."
http://www.angelfire.com/geek/dezeclipse

Deze
96' RS
Deze2g@aol.com
http://alterredimage.cjb.net
http://www.angelfire.com/geek/dezeclipse

loeric18_2000Jun-07-01 09:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
127 posts,
#2668, "RE: which Hawk pads did you use?"
In response to Reply # 4

thanks for the inputs guys, I think I would go with hawk pads. Dose anyone know what's the part number for both HP and HP+ pads for RS?? Coz I can't find any information on hawk pads for RS. Is RS using the same pads as GS, GS-T or different one.

TeamDeanoDJun-07-01 12:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#2669, "yes"
In response to Reply # 5

The pads for the front are the same for RS/GS/GS-T. I am not sure what the part number is off hand.

DeanoD
1997RS-NeverTurbo
http://ar.dsm.org

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

TeamMichael_97RSJun-06-01 02:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#2670, "RE: which Hawk pads did you use?"
In response to Reply # 3

Deano I'll let you know what I think of the KVR set in a little while. Rotors and Pads showed up yesterday. If the weather breaks and it stops raining for the weekend. I might do the rear disc conversion and install everything this weekend.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather Filters, AFX UDP, 55mm TB, GS-T Muffler, FU/RU/RL STBs, Front NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., Red Silicone Hose Kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17.

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Intake manifold 4 porting, Rear Motor Mount Ins. Silver Cadmium Plated KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads.

Waiting for from RRE: Front Lower Tie Bar, SS Clutch Line.

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

loeric18_2000Jun-07-01 09:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
127 posts,
#2671, "RE: which Hawk pads did you use?"
In response to Reply # 7

thanks for the inputs guys, I think I would go with hawk pads. Dose anyone know what's the part number for both HP and HP+ pads for RS?? Coz I can't find any information on hawk pads for RS. Is RS using the same pads as GS, GS-T or different one.

2GNT NiclipseJun-07-01 12:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
53 posts,
#2672, "RE: which brake pad is better for 97 RS"
In response to Reply # 0

I use VGX low-dust pads I got from Summit Racing

I hear AEM makes a break pads that puts off a white dust, which is great if you have white wheels and car (like me!)

-Nick

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2663 Previous topic | Next topic