Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26033
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Spacers and/or longer studs needed?" Previous topic | Next topic
JustOneJan-01-05 07:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26033, "Spacers and/or longer studs needed?"

Hey, quick question. When your running the 16x8 rx-7 rims do I need longer wheel studs and spacers?

TIA
Brian

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
eclipse982nrRSTJan-02-05 02:40 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26034, "RE: Spacers and/or longer studs needed?"
In response to Reply # 0

not if its 8" wide. whats the offset of the rims?

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

widebodyeclipseJan-02-05 05:11 AM
Member since Jun 25th 2002
535 posts,
#26035, "RE: Spacers and/or longer studs needed?"
In response to Reply # 1

mike did u order longer studs??? i would with the spacer just to be on the safe side. i have stripped and even broke on becasue it didnt have very good bites with the space on em. wouldnt want your new rims to pass u on the highway

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2134181717&mode=slideshow
t3/t4 setup, je pistone, eagle rods,aem cam gears, crane cams, port and polished head w swirl polished valves, avcr, autometer gauges to be installed, kaminari widebody kit shaved rain seals, door handles, tail lights, relocated gas cap, double humped hood, house of kolors candybrandywine 20in weld evo wheels, air ride, custom fiberglass work (dash interior) more to come just not enough time

WickedESiJan-02-05 05:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#26036, "RE: Spacers and/or longer studs needed?"
In response to Reply # 2

The rule for spacers is, if you can't get six turns on a lugnut, you need lunger lugs.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

RxR_EclipseJan-02-05 08:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#26037, "RE: Spacers and/or longer studs needed?"
In response to Reply # 0

Nope, Im running Momo 16X8 wheels that are a stock replacement for the RX7 with no spacers/stud changes.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

eclipse982nrRSTJan-02-05 08:32 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#26038, "RE: Spacers and/or longer studs needed?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by widebodyeclipse
mike did u order longer studs??? i would with the spacer just to be on the safe side. i have stripped and even broke on becasue it didnt have very good bites with the space on em. wouldnt want your new rims to pass u on the highway

where can i order longer wheel studs from? how long are ours? and if use a normal 1" spacer, is that not good or should i use a hubcentric wheel spacer? where can i find this shit at, i only find the adapters, no spacers.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

grainJan-05-05 08:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#26059, "RE: Spacers and/or longer studs needed?"
In response to Reply # 5

you dont need spacers. last i heard if you dont use spacers, you just have to take out the center peice.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26033 Previous topic | Next topic