Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #25185
View in threaded mode

Subject: "HELP!!!!!! My car is freakin lower on one side than the other!?" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
reaxionSep-13-04 12:01 PM
Member since May 07th 2004
77 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25185, "HELP!!!!!! My car is freakin lower on one side than the other!?"
Sep-13-04 12:02 PM by reaxion

I just now noticed after having my shocks(KYB-GR2) and springs(tein S tech) on for about 3 months now, my car is uneven! The right side is lower than the left...any ideas? This shit is puzzling the crap out of me...! somebody, anybody, ideas?

build what you want.

'98 GS SOLD

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
madhatter210Sep-13-04 12:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25186, "RE: HELP!!!!!! My car is freakin lower on one side than the other!?"
In response to Reply # 0

how much lower? like an inch or something?

http://www.murderpimp.com

2gnt T-shirts&swag
http://www.cafepress.com/mads

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

cyanSep-13-04 05:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#25187, "RE: HELP!!!!!! My car is freakin lower on one side than the other!?"
In response to Reply # 1
Sep-13-04 05:12 PM by cyan

sit in it

problem solved

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

TalontaxiSep-13-04 06:34 PM
Member since Jul 14th 2004
201 posts,
#25189, "RE: HELP!!!!!! My car is freakin lower on one side than the other!?"
In response to Reply # 0

sounds like possibly the springs are sagging. Teins are guarenteed against anymore than a couple millimeters(like 3 or 4 or something along those lines). So I would check everything else out and if indeed the springs are sagging contact tein. They should stand behind their warrenty as they are a pretty repubatable company.

reaxionSep-14-04 12:39 AM
77 posts,
#25190, "RE: HELP!!!!!! My car is freakin lower on one side than the other!?"
In response to Reply # 3

does anyone have teins number? I keep trying to call their office, but all I get is a "this number has been disconnected" message.

if its not the springs sagging, what else could it possibly be?

in terms of how much more, I did the finger gap test. I can get 2.5....barely three on the passenger wheelwells. on the drivers side, its like close to 4. drivers side looks like a stock ride hide when compared to passenger side. now its really starting to bother me. this is so f'd up.

build what you want.

'98 GS SOLD

BuckNuttySep-14-04 10:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#25191, "RE: HELP!!!!!! My car is freakin lower on one side than the other!?"
In response to Reply # 4

its not the springs sagging...i have the same issue...as do alot of other people...i forgot the answer...but its not the springs sagging.

On my goldlines i have a lil less then a 2 finger gap on teh passenger side and about 3 and a half on teh drivers side.

reaxionSep-14-04 09:41 PM
77 posts,
#25194, "RE: HELP!!!!!! My car is freakin lower on one side than the other!?"
In response to Reply # 5

does it have anything to do with a broken/worn out part in the suspension somewhere?

build what you want.

'98 GS SOLD

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneSep-16-04 11:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#25199, "RE: HELP!!!!!! My car is freakin lower on one side than the other!?"
In response to Reply # 6

No dude.

Sit in it. Seriously.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

turbo8uSep-16-04 12:22 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#25200, "RE: HELP!!!!!! My car is freakin lower on one side than the other!?"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by DarkOne
No dude. Sit in it. Seriously.

lol yea, i agree. its nice though my left is 1.3 finger widths and my right is about 1.7....so with someone behind me when im driving it sits just about perfect

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

reaxionFeb-23-05 03:58 PM
77 posts,
#26431, "RE: HELP!!!!!! My car is freakin lower on one side than the other!?"
In response to Reply # 8

OK I sold my GS...this is happening with my brothers TSi AWD now..

on the top part of the strut assembly, the nut that holds everything together is on, but when I lower the car onto the ground its higher than the left. a lot higher. and when I test drove it down the block, theres a knocking sound coming from the rear right. I stop, pop the trunk, and I wiggle the washer that the nut is on, and its loose. the other side is fine, just the rear passenger is being weird. any thoughts? it seems this problem has a thing for following me around. did I assemble anything wrong? any ideas at all? Ive been on this now for 2 days, and its aggravating me.

build what you want.

'98 GS SOLD

Ducking_FumbassFeb-23-05 04:42 PM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#26433, "RE: HELP!!!!!! My car is freakin lower on one side than the other!?"
In response to Reply # 9

http://members.shaw.ca/costall/1000Q/answers-genops.htm#leanleft

Answer: it just does.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #25185 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic