Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #24352
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Question about GSX brakes" Previous topic | Next topic
nightwolf2369Jun-12-04 11:07 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2003
951 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24352, "Question about GSX brakes"

if i was to be the gsx calipers and rotors kit, what would be the smallest size wheel i could use. i want to use my 14s for the track, but i know those won't work. could i use the stock 16s?

I no longer have my 99 rs because i totaled it!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
injendsmJun-12-04 11:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24353, "RE: Question about GSX brakes"
In response to Reply # 0

i believe that 17's are the smallest you can use.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jsupetranJun-12-04 02:48 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#24355, "RE: Question about GSX brakes"
In response to Reply # 1

16s.

-------jezreel
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dr. uber groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting

AdministratorCODE4Jun-12-04 06:04 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#24356, "RE: Question about GSX brakes"
In response to Reply # 2

I believe it is aftermarket 16"s (not OEM 5 star ones) and all 17"+'s

---

2012 2500HD LML

jsupetranJun-12-04 06:22 PM
4359 posts,
#24357, "RE: Question about GSX brakes"
In response to Reply # 3

Really? I thought I've seen stock 16s with the gsx conversion.

-------jezreel
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dr. uber groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

nightwolf2369Jun-12-04 11:11 PM
951 posts,
#24358, "RE: Question about GSX brakes"
In response to Reply # 4

there seems to be some confusion. so which one is it? anyone know the answer for real.

jsupetranJun-12-04 11:59 PM
4359 posts,
#24359, "RE: Question about GSX brakes"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by nightwolf2369
there seems to be some confusion. so which one is it? anyone know the answer for real.

Ask and you shall receive. Here is a post from the gsx sticky from wichedesi:

I'm right!!!<<< I love how that sounds.          

Ok, well I just wasted the night in the garage swapping brakes around to see what fits. Figured I'd post it and make it useful info for somebody. I wish I could think of a better way to organize this, but I just inhaled a lot of asbestos or something

GSX (2-piston) caliper + GSX Bracket + GSX pads + stock rotor
= Doesn't work, gsx pads hang about 1/4 inch off the end of the rotor.
= Does fit inside stock 16" 5star wheels

GSX caliper + GSX bracket + GSX rotor + GSX pads
= Works perfectly in stock 16"s
= Must bend back or replace dust shield (you have to unbolt the hub from the axle to remove it)

GSX caliper + GSX bracket + AEM GSX big brake kit & big rotor
= Needs 2mm ground off the gsx bracket and the 2gnt hub
= Needs dust shield severly bent back or removed
= Needs at least 17" wheels, of correct offset.

-------jezreel
Boostin since Aug 03.

WickedESiJun-13-04 12:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#24362, "RE: Question about GSX brakes"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by jsupetran
Ask and you shall receive. Here is a post from the gsx sticky from wichedesi: I'm right!!!<<< I love how that sounds.

I was saying that to myself.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

nightwolf2369Jun-13-04 02:51 PM
951 posts,
#24363, "RE: Question about GSX brakes"
In response to Reply # 7

nice, so when i get them i can use the stock 16s for the track. thanks man. points for you.

sonikbewmJun-14-04 11:58 AM
Member since Dec 01st 2001
4011 posts,
#24375, "RE: Question about GSX brakes"
In response to Reply # 8

The stock 16's will work. I have my stock ones on up front right now because I had a flat tire on my 17's.

Jason
'11 Ford Mustang GT/CS
'11 Ford Mustang V6 6-Speed (SOLD)
'04 Nissan 350z Touring (SOLD)
'95 Turbo Eclipse GS (SOLD and will be missed)
'90 Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

WickedESiJun-16-04 09:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#24407, "RE: Question about GSX brakes"
In response to Reply # 9

Eclipse GSX's and Talon TSi-AWD's have 16" wheels.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #24352 Previous topic | Next topic