Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 5 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2040
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Tire Rotation ?" Previous topic | Next topic
LeeApr-27-01 01:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
309 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2040, "Tire Rotation ?"

What intervals do you guys rotate your tires? And do you get them balanced every time you rotate them?

Lee
http://www.geocities.com/turbo99gs

Speed Kills!
If you want to live forever buy a Honda!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamMichael_97RSApr-27-01 01:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2041, "RE: Tire Rotation ?"
In response to Reply # 0

Every 15k unless I think they need it sooner. I ony balance tires when they are new, or they fel out of balance.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather filters, 55mm TB, FU/RU/RL STBs, Red silicone hose kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, GS-T Muffler, Intake manifold 4 porting, Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts. RRE FL Tie Bar, TSW Blade 17x7.5 (need tires)

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teameclipse804Apr-27-01 06:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#2042, "RE: Tire Rotation ?"
In response to Reply # 1

Never. I know we should, but with my front tires getting eaten up (the inner edge due to camber) much more quickly than the rears, I'd rather have the rears wear evenly and get new front more often, than have to replace all four because the inner edge got worn out.

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

99_GSApr-27-01 08:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
100 posts,
#2043, "RE: Tire Rotation ?"
In response to Reply # 2

Cheap bastard

99_GS
ICQ# 40424747

AvengerES97Apr-27-01 06:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
167 posts,
#2044, "RE: Tire Rotation ?"
In response to Reply # 3

you should rotate your tires every 6k miles, especially they way most of us drive. A wheel balance wouldnt be too bad every 10-15k.

Chris Jones
1997 Dodge Avenger ES 5spd
Daytona Beach/Orlando FL
Member of ASOG - SE
CJones82@msn.com
AOL IM - DAvengerES97

Chris Jones
1997 Dodge Avenger ES 5spd
"Racing Your Honda Is Like Running In The Special Olympics.....Even If You Win You're Still Retarded!!!

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2040 Previous topic | Next topic