Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19777
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Under rear seat..." 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
ShockeclipseSep-06-03 09:39 PM
Member since May 18th 2003
2139 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19777, "Under rear seat..."

I was wondering where the hell I was going to mount my compressor and tank for my air ride and I started to think about the rear seats....What is underneath of them? Is there a way I could cut out a space to mount my shit?

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

Originally posted by turbo8u
every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
95 GS redSep-07-03 01:03 AM
Member since Apr 27th 2003
107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19778, "RE: Under rear seat..."
In response to Reply # 0

not likely. correct me if im wrong, but i believe that if you cut into that area you will see ground. dont think it would work out. no depth under the at all. even if you constructed a box to hold it underthere. i believe you will not have enough room for that. i could be wrong though. lift up your rear seat, and check where your fuel pump is, under pass side. i think that is how the driver side would be. just my 2cents.

later

billy

bill

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Eclipse97Sep-07-03 05:46 AM
Member since Dec 06th 2001
539 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19781, "RE: Under rear seat..."
In response to Reply # 1

GAS TANK

Good Luck

Pitchblack98Sep-07-03 06:32 AM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#19782, "RE: Under rear seat..."
In response to Reply # 2

Heres any idea. Im going to cut the spare tire well out of my car and weld a steel floor in there so its flush. Just need to add some sort of frame there to keep the car stiff. nothing to major. Then mount the tank and compressor under the car where the spare tire well was.

JZA69Sep-07-03 07:20 AM
Member since Jul 28th 2002
373 posts,
#19783, "RE: Under rear seat..."
In response to Reply # 3

ok dumb thought.....why would you want to mount the compressor outside the car? would rain snow etc etc mess it up? if your going to remove the spare, why dont you stick the stuff inside the unused well....you can always make some framing to raise the floor of the truck. Thats at least how i fit 2 10's in my cars trunk while still having a 100% useable truck (albeit a smaller trunk)

1997 Eclipse GS
AEM CAI
Apex'i N1 Catback
Greddy Header
5% window tint
Front-Rear-Lower Rear STB's
Yellow Painted Calipers
1st gen altezzas with original painted center piece
Soon-Tokico Illum's or Blues

Pitchblack98Sep-07-03 08:48 AM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#19784, "RE: Under rear seat..."
In response to Reply # 4

Depending on the compressors he has some are made to withstand the elements... The compressor will also stay cooler being outside of the car where as being inside the car the air never gets circulated. Compressors burn up faster if they get hot. Ive never seen a compressor that couldnt handle being on the outside of the car.

ShockeclipseSep-07-03 03:36 PM
2139 posts,
#19786, "RE: Under rear seat..."
In response to Reply # 5

I wasn't just gonna let it hang under there in the first place...I was going to construct a box for it or something. Just an idea. My trunk is filled with my sub and amp rack. I can't really think of anywhere else to put it...although I am thinking about using the inside of my amp rack....dunno if it will fit or not yet but if anyone else has ANY ideas of where to put it plz tell me!

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

ShockeclipseSep-08-03 09:34 AM
2139 posts,
#19797, "RE: Under rear seat..."
In response to Reply # 6

Nvm I am just going to get ridda my backseat area...not like anyone can fit back there anyway. And plus it gives me an excuse not to drive people around.

sonny bkSep-15-03 07:16 AM
Member since Jun 23rd 2002
1171 posts,
#19922, "RE: Under rear seat..."
In response to Reply # 7
Sep-15-03 07:17 AM by sonny bk

No back seat??? Then where are ya gonna sex up the ladies?

Without a back seat, I would prolly still be a virgin, haha.

BTW...isnt the compresser really loud? If its in the back seat then you're gonna go deaf every time you run outta air, correct?
My friend's is in his SUV trunk and we can still hear it refill over his booming 15" solarbarics.

WTB:
--bolt on turbo kit (star, hahn, etc.)
--rear drum to disc set up
--internals
---------------HOLLA!!!

thedawgSep-15-03 01:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#19936, "RE: Under rear seat..."
In response to Reply # 8

IMO if you can get jiggy in our back seats, you're both either midgets or missing some body parts.

ShockeclipseSep-15-03 10:53 PM
2139 posts,
#19951, "RE: Under rear seat..."
In response to Reply # 9

Yeah I was worried about the noise level. I was going to try and construct some sort of insulated box to put it in to lower the noise level down. My only concerns with this would be the exhaust that it might put off filling the area. I'm sure I could run an outlet out though somehow. I am just afraid to lower my car with springs and such. I'm afraid i will end up ripping off my front end.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19777 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic