Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #13395
View in threaded mode

Subject: "rear lower tie bar install" Previous topic | Next topic
KSeclipseNov-13-02 03:24 PM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
899 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13395, "rear lower tie bar install"

I just got a rear lower tie bar off ebay and was wonderng if someone would please take the time to tell me a step by step write up of install. I have no idea how, please help me out.

Nos Fogger Kit,AemCAI, TopFuel UDP, pacesetter cat-back, ARD bored 57mm t.b., P&P intake mani, Ractive front/rear strut bars,rear tie bar,eibach sportlines,tokico blues, morosso wires, ngkIX plugs, konig subzeros,proj. heads,gunmetal tails, rev.indiglow gauges,reverse light mod

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
JZA69Nov-14-02 09:09 AM
Member since Jul 28th 2002
373 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13396, "RE: rear lower tie bar install"
In response to Reply # 0

aite here ya go.....ill go into brief detail, if you need more send me an email. It connects to two bolts under the body, however, they are very hard to reach. Jacking up your car isnt a good idea unless you have a proffessional lift because you can actually jump the car off the jacks getting the bolts off the suspension..So, what i did was back my car to the end of my driveway where there is a steep dropoff, i put the rear tires so they were just at the edge of the dropoff. This way i could reach the two bolts without having to lift the car off the ground. Look under the car and you will see two big nuts where the lowest suspension arm connects to the rear suspension carrier. Its not hard to figure out which bolts they are, u can just put the rear lower bar next to it to figure out which ones they are. Spray the bolts with alot of wd40 then let it sit for like 30 minutes. If you have a impact wrench, then use that to remove the nuts, if not, get a long socket wrench and use that..Remember, lefty loosy. Once you get the bolts off, place the tie bar between the bolts, then put the nuts back on. Make sure you get them tight because those bolts carry alot of weight. The whole process is pretty much common sense so you shouldnt have a problem.

1997 Eclipse GS
AEM CAI
Apex'i N1 Catback
Greddy Header
5% window tint
Front-Rear-Lower Rear STB's
Yellow Painted Calipers
1st gen altezzas with original painted center piece
Soon-Tokico Illum's or Blues

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jerseystyle1Nov-14-02 11:40 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
#13397, "RE: rear lower tie bar install"
In response to Reply # 1

I took it with me when I got my alignment done and they put it on for free.

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #13395 Previous topic | Next topic