Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1069
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Anyone with a lowered car......." Previous topic | Next topic
GSsportMar-14-01 03:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
109 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1069, "Anyone with a lowered car......."

How do you get jacks under the car? And how can you drive over speedbumps and lifts at the garage?? Just a few things I'm a wonderin'.......thanks
Rob (GSsport)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
ModeratorEvuLFleAMar-14-01 04:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1070, "RE: Anyone with a lowered car......."
In response to Reply # 0

I have buddies help me lift my car up and slide the lift under the car at work. Its nice working at a dealership and having one of those lifts available.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

cyanMar-14-01 04:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#1071, "RE: Anyone with a lowered car......."
In response to Reply # 1

unless you lower your car more than 3 inches with a body kit you can fit any jack under the car, you can crawl under if you wanted. i have to put my stock jack under there and raise it about an inch before i can fit my hydraulic jack under there and raise it the rest of the way. at shops, its their problem to deal with, if they crack the kit, guess who pays for it? if they dont want to take the risk then you just take off the front bumper, its the only one that hits. and this takes me less than one minute to remove whenever i do it
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

trickedeclipseMar-15-01 04:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
438 posts,
#1072, "RE: Anyone with a lowered car......."
In response to Reply # 2

speaking of which, Linds, I was gonna ask you...now i'm sure that you have 9 screws holding your front end on right? (5 in the middle - 2 on each side) but what type of fasteners did you use on the sides...i find my factory bolts a little hard to "get to" when i want to remove the front... my question is: is there any type of plastic screw or clip that you could use instead of the basic bolts that would make the sides of the front bumper easier to take off? for example, i don't know if you've even seen the way a 2000 honda civic SI bumper comes off, but seriously, it can be removed in less than 5 minutes with simply a phillips screw driver and pliers. i want something like that

i had to put nuts on the back of my bolts because there was a small gap that was eliminated when tightened from the back. this is what makes it so difficult.

PJ

-PJ
'96 ESI-NOS Talon / '02 Subaru WRX

"Making Dreams Reality"

cyanMar-15-01 06:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#1073, "RE: Anyone with a lowered car......."
In response to Reply # 3

no, no, i have 4 bolts. (stripped one off in the center). on the sides you can use zip ties and when you have to remove the bumper just cut the ties off with a knife or scissors. thats what i have
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

klipzracerMar-15-01 05:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#1074, "here goes!"
In response to Reply # 4

here's how it is people. listen up cause i'm only gonna tell yas once. but wood blocks in front of you tires, drive up on them biotches and slide that jack under their. works great if ya got ground effects!

Chris
Project RS
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
"I just got sponsored by Bad Karma Motorsports!"
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1069 Previous topic | Next topic