Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32010
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Megan makes adjustable trailing arms for us." Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratorCODE4Feb-22-09 11:17 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32010, "Megan makes adjustable trailing arms for us."
Feb-22-09 11:21 PM by CODE4

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Megan-Eclipse-95-99-00-01-02-03-04-Rear-Trailing-Arm_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42609QQihZ001QQitemZ110344700811QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Interesting... Not sure how new these are to the market but I stumbled on them. Not really sure we could benefit from their use either unless you are looking for replacements.

http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=665&catid=108

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
eclipse982nrRSTFeb-23-09 07:06 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32011, "RE: Megan makes adjustable trailing arms for us."
In response to Reply # 0

The only thing those would be good for would be to adjust the rear toe.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Warmage12Feb-23-09 09:28 AM
Member since May 24th 2008
168 posts,
#32012, "RE: Megan makes adjustable trailing arms for us."
In response to Reply # 1

Megan racing makes alot of really nice stuff. They have A/F gauges for $75. triple pods for $50. And they make a good number of cheap nice parts for our cars. I have they're headers and cat delete pipe. Both of which run excellent both in build quality/durability and fitment. I'd recommend them over ebay stuff anyday, considering they're cost is extremely competitive compared to the ebay prices and they're stuff is much better in build. Go megan, and got fast for cheap.

freelancefoolFeb-23-09 07:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#32013, "RE: Megan makes adjustable trailing arms for us."
In response to Reply # 1

You don't use that to adjust toe. You would use them to adjust rear caster. The big benefit would be the heim joints instead of the urethane bushings. It should give you a much tighter suspension setup because it will reduce flex even further. If you need to adjust read to you use the toe adjustment control arm. It's the only lower control arm on the rear of the car with a ball joint.

My Blog

1slw97Feb-23-09 07:23 PM
Member since Aug 13th 2008
129 posts,
#32014, "RE: Megan makes adjustable trailing arms for us."
In response to Reply # 3

Those are nice. I want some..lol

97 Eclipse GS, 2.2 stroker,Gt35R,MSNS,E85 @20psi. 450hp 370tq..With issues

NemoFeb-23-09 10:28 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2008
366 posts,
#32015, "RE: Megan makes adjustable trailing arms for us."
In response to Reply # 4

I always wondered if Megan was a real quality performance product. They have great ads on Ebay but I kinda felt they were selling the same old crap at higher prices. Anyone else familiar with their stuff?

AdministratorCODE4Feb-23-09 10:38 PM
2552 posts,
#32016, "RE: Megan makes adjustable trailing arms for us."
In response to Reply # 5

I think several members run their upper strut bars, but that is something that does not take a lot of engineering. I am interested to know the quality of the Heim joints they use.

---

2012 2500HD LML

AdministratorCODE4Feb-23-09 10:48 PM
2552 posts,
#32017, "RE: Megan makes adjustable trailing arms for us."
In response to Reply # 3
Feb-23-09 10:55 PM by CODE4

Originally posted by freelancefool
You don't use that to adjust toe. You would use them to adjust rear caster. The big benefit would be the heim joints instead of the urethane bushings. It should give you a much tighter suspension setup because it will reduce flex even further. If you need to adjust read to you use the toe adjustment control arm. It's the only lower control arm on the rear of the car with a ball joint.

you can see how extending or shortening the length of the trailing arm would change some geometry that our rear suspension is not technically allowed for. I just googled rear caster and found a couple things mentioning it but I have never heard of it being an area of concern.

In theory if urethane bushings were used in the rear and the addition of the adjustable trailing arms with a non-oem length you could assume some degree of stress on the lower control arms due to misalignment. The lower arm mounts to the knuckle without a ball joint.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Warmage12Feb-24-09 07:31 AM
Member since May 24th 2008
168 posts,
#32018, "RE: Megan makes adjustable trailing arms for us."
In response to Reply # 7
Feb-24-09 07:34 AM by Warmage12

I've installed their stuff on 350z and g35's when i worked at the shop. We used their parts on a drift car. Megan stuff runs like its parts that cost hundreds more. Top quality, i stand behind them.

And as far as their adds on ebay...

A guy got a megan "knock off" ram horn manifold. All the bends were welded tubes. The megan was straight mandrel bend all the way through with the only welds at the flanges. The knock off cracked like a motherfucker cause of the numerous, shitty welds, and because the metal was thin a shit. The megan ont he other hand...car car broke before it did. We polished that bitch up and it was sold! Just one little story to consider. ebay = $100-150 headers megan = $200 headers...and it lasts....

I love my car...
I love Horsepower...
I love reliability...
So why do i own a DSM again?

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32010 Previous topic | Next topic