Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7030
View in threaded mode

Subject: "FOR ALL THE NEWBIES COMPARING SPRINGS........." 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
jdpilotFeb-23-02 07:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7030, "FOR ALL THE NEWBIES COMPARING SPRINGS........."

There is an awesome resource on the road race engineering website under the suspension section that most of the seniors on this board fail to mention. There are profile shots of a 2g sitting on stock, pro kit, and sportline springs. Awesome, and a very useful tool. I hope this reminder slows down the repetitive conversations lookin for pix and is an alternative to searchin' through endless threads..jd

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
ModeratoreclipzGSTFeb-23-02 07:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7031, "RE: FOR ALL THE NEWBIES COMPARING SPRINGS........."
In response to Reply # 0

a link would've been nice....

-Tony 98'GST
eclipzgst@charter.net

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

espilcEGSFeb-23-02 08:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
257 posts,
#7032, "RE: FOR ALL THE NEWBIES COMPARING SPRINGS........."
In response to Reply # 1

Here's the link http://www.roadraceengineering.com/eclsuspension.htm

05 STi

thisismygsFeb-23-02 11:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
730 posts,
#7033, "RE: FOR ALL THE NEWBIES COMPARING SPRINGS........."
In response to Reply # 2

to make it even MORE easier...

Stock Springs:

Eibach Pro Kit:

Eibach Sport Line:

dgonzalez52@yahoo.com

xEclipsE RaceRxFeb-23-02 03:13 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
#7034, "RE: FOR ALL THE NEWBIES COMPARING SPRINGS........."
In response to Reply # 3

Diamn I want those Sport Lines, they said that you should get better shocks or sumthin like that. So if I got those sport lines I should get thos Tokico blues or sumthin like that?

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary Edition
- Weapon R1 Atom Bomb Exhaust

http://www.webphotos.com/list_photos.asp?mi=3&smi=1&a=55649

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition

TeamJasonESi_TFeb-23-02 03:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#7035, "RE: FOR ALL THE NEWBIES COMPARING SPRINGS........."
In response to Reply # 4

The picture above, IMO, gives a poor rendition of the Pro-kits. Check out my picture below for another example of Pro-kits.

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

xEclipsE RaceRxFeb-23-02 03:17 PM
2982 posts,
#7036, "RE: FOR ALL THE NEWBIES COMPARING SPRINGS........."
In response to Reply # 5

How many inches do the pro kits and sport lines get lowered? Do they vary. How man inches do you think that silver eclipse with the sport lines are dropped. And how many inches are you dropped Jason?

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Amish_EclipseFeb-24-02 10:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#7037, "RE: FOR ALL THE NEWBIES COMPARING SPRINGS........."
In response to Reply # 6

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

jdpilotFeb-24-02 11:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
#7038, "RE: FOR ALL THE NEWBIES COMPARING SPRINGS........."
In response to Reply # 7

By looks of the pix, I am assuming the prokit pic was taken right after installation. This of course means the picture is PRE-SETTLE!

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

vegasdsmrFeb-24-02 02:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#7039, "RE: FOR ALL THE NEWBIES COMPARING SPRINGS........."
In response to Reply # 8

mine is dropped on intrax

stock=

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

xEclipsE RaceRxFeb-24-02 02:39 PM
2982 posts,
#7040, "RE: FOR ALL THE NEWBIES COMPARING SPRINGS........."
In response to Reply # 9

Anthrax you say...man im on stilts, look at that a whole fist of wheel gap. I want to go ahead a lower it, but Im thinkin should I get springs or coilovers. I want to get springs but if i get a body kit it might be at the wrong height, but I if i had coilovers i could just adjust it. Yea i think i just answered my quesiton, i'll get sum coilovers with sum shocks, now i just need to know what coilovers and what shocks, any ideas for a 3'' drop?

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7030 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic