Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1324
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Car Jerks Hard left and right over bumps - Rear end loose?? HELP..." Previous topic | Next topic
Teameclipse804Mar-25-01 08:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1324, "Car Jerks Hard left and right over bumps - Rear end loose?? HELP..."

Hey guys, I just got my car back, and realized that whenever I go over any bumps like changing lanes (little reflectors), the whole car jerks HARD left and right. Its almost like the rear end feels loose? What might cause this? We looked over the suspension (H*R Sport Springs with KYB GR2) and it appears fine? Would blown shocks cause this? The tires seem fine too...any ideas anyone? Please help me...thanks

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
klipzracerMar-25-01 10:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1325, "RE: Car Jerks Hard left and right over bumps - Rear end loose?? HELP..."
In response to Reply # 0

how much of a drop do you got? and more importantly do you have a front camber kit?

Chris
Project RS
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
"Life is short, rev hard!"
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teameclipse804Mar-25-01 10:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1326, "RE: Car Jerks Hard left and right over bumps - Rear end loose?? HELP..."
In response to Reply # 1

Its a little over 1.5" drop, no front camber kit or rear...But that's not the prob. The car has been fine driving like this for the past 6 months or so...but something must be wrong now...

eclipse804@hotmail.com

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

SkrillaMar-26-01 03:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#1327, "Have you got an alignment..."
In response to Reply # 2

...since the headwork? That could do it. The car was probably parked and in the air without driving, that can misalign it. That's what happened to me. Try it out or just check to see if it is still aligned. Does it shimmy over 55MPH or over 85MPH?

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Teameclipse804Mar-26-01 04:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1328, "It was the lower control arms - tow truck company"
In response to Reply # 3

The freakin tow truck company bent both rear lower control arms pretty badly, so I'm gonna file a claim. They should pay for it right? The car is so unstable it jerks HARD over any bumps....

eclipse804@hotmail.com

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

IrfanMar-29-01 08:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
566 posts,
#1329, "RE: It was the lower control arms - tow truck company"
In response to Reply # 4

damn, sorry about your luck there. i woudl definitely bitch about it, and call/email the better business bureau if they dont take responsibility. you should hurry.

2GNT Member #76, since Fall 1999

Drives: 2004 Mazda RX-8
Drove: 1999 Saab 9-5 SE
1999 Eclipse GS Hahn Stage 1

SkrillaMar-29-01 04:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#1330, "they should pay for the whole thing..."
In response to Reply # 4

W/O any problems
If so B!TCH!!

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Teameclipse804Mar-29-01 04:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1331, "RE: they should pay for the whole thing..."
In response to Reply # 6

Yup, they payed for ALL parts and labor, including a 4 wheel alignment which I will get done once we finish installing the coilovers...Skrilla, check your mail...thanks

eclipse804@hotmail.com

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1324 Previous topic | Next topic