Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1110
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Just installed my KYB AGX struts and SKUNK2 coilovers" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
HadesOmegaMar-17-01 08:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1110, "Just installed my KYB AGX struts and SKUNK2 coilovers"

Dang you haven't experienced anything until you've driven your car when it's lowered and stiff! bwahaha. I can gun it in the corners and I gear controllable wheel spin or no wheel spin at all. I can do j turns and feel confident that the car feels stable and won't flip. But man the ride is pretty bumpy. I got it at 3 in the front and 7 in the back. what's a good setting for a smooth ride. I know I have it turned up almost all the way right now, but I like the control. I don't have the wrenches though, but if you jack up the car you can hand turn the rings! Yikes! Not bad considering I got them used on ebay for 420! Well I highly recommend the setup, especially if I can get the smoother ride. Umm how much are you suppose to cut the bumpstops though? I cut 1/3 off of it but hardy any of the shock shaft is showing now, all I see if bumpstop on the front.?

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
SkrillaMar-17-01 08:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1111, "NICE..."
In response to Reply # 0

...although I ride my struts stiffer in the front and softer in the back to provide more grip because of my car's tail happy antics and I love it that way. Struts, springs, swaybar and a tire/rim Combo= ZERO Body Roll and handling "on rails". I had 1/2 my bumpstop cut.

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

2GXTASYMar-17-01 01:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
84 posts,
#1112, "RE: Just installed my KYB AGX struts and SKUNK2 coilovers"
In response to Reply # 0

So the KYB's are working for you? I am so close to ordering some from JC Whitney but I hear they are much longer than stock resulting in less suspension travel. So do you recommend them or do you wish you would have gotten something different?

2GXTASY
-99 Mitsushi RS
-Northstar White

Fast420AMar-17-01 04:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#1113, "RE: Just installed my KYB AGX struts and SKUNK2 coilovers"
In response to Reply # 2

I like mine but htye are a little bumpy of a ride, even set on 1F/1R out of 4F/8R. They are a little bit longer than stock but the stock shocks are also KYB's so they look very similar to each other.

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

mike_dMar-17-01 06:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
#1114, "RE: Just installed my KYB AGX struts and SKUNK2 coilovers"
In response to Reply # 3

get some 17's and low profile rubber and your crnering will also improve. i have sprint springs on stock struts and 17' with 215/45/17 potenza RE910 and the car handles really well except for quite a bit of under steer but i hope that will improve when i get rid of the blown out shocks. also i dont have a rear sway bar . when i changed back to the stock 14 inch wheels for the winter my car felt totally different with the huge tires. it was so dramatic that i thought something was wrong with the suspension or something but everything is fine. the tires make a huge difference. now a question did you remove the perches off the shocks or did you leave them on? i was considering going with the same skunk's and agx or tokico combo. how low did you go?

95 Talon ESi-T

HadesOmegaMar-18-01 08:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#1115, "RE: Just installed my KYB AGX struts and SKUNK2 coilovers"
In response to Reply # 4

Hmm perches? I got them used off of ebay, they coilover sleeves were already installed. I'm assuming that's what your talking about. They seem to be stuck there glued or sitting there. The ride is bumpy, but that's to be expected since they're for racing. What's a good race setup for the RS and what's a good street setup, with the KYBs?

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

TeamStan2gntMar-18-01 01:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#1116, "RE: Just installed my KYB AGX struts and SKUNK2 coilovers"
In response to Reply # 5

I dont know whats good but I like mine near where you have it. The stiffer the better. I have the rears set at 6 and the fronts at 4 only because I get over zelous cornering and would kill myself if the rear was tail happy (I dont have a rear sway bar and can still bring the tail around by just letting off the gas abruptly, must be murder with a rear swaybar). To me the ride doesn't get any better when I soften it up (which is why I have the fronts at 4). I find the stiffer I set it the less bouncy the ride especially and so far the ride is far from too stiff for the street. I believe I could ride daily with 4/8. I'm also sure if I had proper sway bars I'd soften it up instead of using the struts for roll control.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS but T soon!
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

HadesOmegaMar-18-01 09:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#1117, "RE: Just installed my KYB AGX struts and SKUNK2 coilovers"
In response to Reply # 6

so adjusting the rear more will give the rear more traction?

Who sez FF can't drift?

TeamStan2gntMar-19-01 08:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#1118, "RE: Just installed my KYB AGX struts and SKUNK2 coilovers"
In response to Reply # 7

No adjusting the rear stiffer will give you less tracion at the rear as will rear anti-roll bars. Reduces understeer (at the expense of an accidental 360 every few yrs).

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS but T soon!
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

LeeMar-20-01 12:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
309 posts,
#1119, "Stan2gnt"
In response to Reply # 8

I'm still new at all this stuff, why would you want less traction in the rear?

Lee
http://www.geocities.com/turbo99gs

HRC Stage II
Coming Soon!

BasikstylzMar-20-01 08:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
129 posts,
#1120, "RE: Just installed my KYB AGX struts and SKUNK2 coilovers"
In response to Reply # 2

Hey wussup I have kyb agx's and grond control on my car and yea it handles great. But man can you say bottom out? well thats what my car does everytime I hit a bump. manily beacuse the kyb agx's shocks are longer than stock and reduce suspension travel combine that with a lowered car and you have little to no travel. I would sugest tokicos since they are shorter than stock or konis cause they are the best they are also the same length as stock. I plan on getting tockicos as soon as I can manage to blow out my kyb's.

Jeff
96Tsi

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1110 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic