Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1101
View in threaded mode

Subject: "problems with jcwhitney???" Previous topic | Next topic
IrfanMar-16-01 08:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
566 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1101, "problems with jcwhitney???"

I ordered my F&R strut bars and a lower tie bar from them... first, they are out of stock on the lower bar (like they always seem to be), their website is slow as hell, it took 3 days to reply to an email asking them when i shoudl get my order. they sent me the strut bars, and will ship the lower rear around april 5th... which i suppose is reasonable... BUT.. they sent be a bar that was obviously pre-used because they decal was already on it.(oh well).. AND it was missing a bracket! This is supposed to be a major company... any one have problems with them? Nothing seriously wrong, just a bunch of little problems.

2GNT Member #76, since Fall 1999

Drives: 2004 Mazda RX-8
Drove: 1999 Saab 9-5 SE
1999 Eclipse GS Hahn Stage 1

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
StraussMar-17-01 02:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
953 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1102, "RE: problems with jcwhitney???"
In response to Reply # 0

That sucks, I was gonna order my Nitrous through them this week. Well thanks for warning all of us, I guess I'll order it through Summitt racing then. Thanks!

Strauss
95 GS...
soon to be on the bottle!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HeDogMar-17-01 02:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
#1103, "RE: problems with jcwhitney???"
In response to Reply # 0

I ordered my Iceman intake from them and didn't have any problems at all other than the order did take a little longer than expected. But that was because the part was coming directly from the manufacturer. Check to see if the part was ordered directly from the manufacturer or JCWhitney. Either way, I wouldn't want to pay full price for a used part.

HeDog

http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=879

HeDog

'95 Eclipse GS/Turboed

HRC Stage II with FMIC.

trickedeclipseMar-17-01 04:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
438 posts,
#1104, "RE: problems with jcwhitney???"
In response to Reply # 2

YES...go Summit....I'm telling you. i ordered a set of springs for my friend's neon, as well as my tach, bulb covers, shift light cover, and it arrived at my house 2 days later at noon. they threw in stickers, a catalog, everything. i am very happy.

PJ

-PJ
'96 ESI-NOS Talon / '02 Subaru WRX

"Making Dreams Reality"

WillMar-17-01 04:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
153 posts,
#1105, "RE: problems with jcwhitney???"
In response to Reply # 3

Hey I ordered my Pilot rear upper/lower from them Tuesday and the rear upper bar was shipped to me yesterday, nothing missing. They are probably out on the rear lower on the order statement they said the item is expected to ship no later than 4/12 which I can understand. So, no complaints from me.

Will
99 Black GS

----------
Will
99 GS - Sold
05 G35C
2GNT Member #51

IrfanMar-18-01 06:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
566 posts,
#1106, "RE: problems with jcwhitney???"
In response to Reply # 4

they STILL havent replied to my email asking about my missing bracket

LeeMar-19-01 01:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
309 posts,
#1107, "None Here"
In response to Reply # 0

I purchased a lower tie bar from them a while back and it was in my hands within 5 days.

Lee
http://www.geocities.com/turbo99gs

HRC Stage II
Coming Soon!

IrfanMar-19-01 06:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
566 posts,
#1108, "RE: None Here"
In response to Reply # 6

they FINALLY replied. they said that a bracket will be shipped from the factory, so im guessing at least a week. at least now i get to feel the differences between all of my suspension mods since they are all coming in at different times.

js99rsMar-20-01 04:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
332 posts,
#1109, "RE: None Here"
In response to Reply # 7

i just ordered some stuff from sumitt and it got here in 3 days with no shipping charge.

-jason

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1101 Previous topic | Next topic