Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1086
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Anyone ever done the $15 Camber mod" Previous topic | Next topic
KahnMar-16-01 02:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
431 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1086, "Anyone ever done the $15 Camber mod"

I am gonna put my coilovers on two weeks from Sunday, and I need to know if anyone has done this mod - It sounds very similar to the RRE camber kit but not as fancy - has any done this? I know a lot of you guys never ever respond to my posts - but please help. Thank you.

2003 VW GTI 1.8t.. I used to have a 95 Eclipse but well...water sucks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
John99RSMar-16-01 09:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#1087, "RE: Anyone ever done the $15 Camber mod"
In response to Reply # 0

As long as you tighten everything down real good, I don't see any problems with it. I used the RRE camber kits which uses one piece as a spacer instead of washers. Either way, it should work....just make sure you use the same number and kinds of pieces for everything.

John
AOL IM: john99rs
john99rs@hotmail.com
http://johnseclipse.homestead.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BLKOUTMar-16-01 12:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
218 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1088, "RE: Anyone ever done the $15 Camber mod"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah I did the cheap camber mod. It was real simple and haven't had any problems with it. I put some blue loc-tite on the bolts so they wouldn't loosen on me.
Joe
97 GS w/ Hahn stage 2
Keep cruisin' & keep the shiny side up.
http://joeseclipse.homestead.com

Yeah I got two tens in the back...two ten pound bottles!!!!

Joe
97 GS w/ HRC stage 2 +

99GSBBTurboMar-16-01 01:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
#1089, "RE: Anyone ever done the $15 Camber mod"
In response to Reply # 2

whats this cheap $15 camber mod??? I paid like 80 something for mine!!! Hook it up so I could take mine off and do it for $15 and sell mine for 80 to some other sa j/k

I use to have a White 99 GS Sport with a Star Stage II Ball Bearing T3/T4 turbo...it was fun untill....well those who remember me know Oh Ya...this is what I have now... a 99' GSX...

klipzracerMar-16-01 04:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#1090, "RE: Anyone ever done the $15 Camber mod"
In response to Reply # 3

yup i did the $15 dolla camber mod. works great. someone needs to come up with one for the front!

Chris
Project RS
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
"I just got sponsored by Bad Karma Motorsports!"
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

IrfanMar-16-01 08:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
566 posts,
#1091, "RE: Anyone ever done the $15 Camber mod"
In response to Reply # 4

I did it too, but i didnt even pay 15. i think i paid about 10.

2GNT Member #76, since Fall 1999

Drives: 2004 Mazda RX-8
Drove: 1999 Saab 9-5 SE
1999 Eclipse GS Hahn Stage 1

2GXTASYMar-19-01 12:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
84 posts,
#1092, "RE: Anyone ever done the $15 Camber mod"
In response to Reply # 2

Hey BLKOUT what kind of rims do you have on your ride there? I really like them.

2GXTASY
-99 Mitsushi RS
-Northstar White

BLKOUTMar-19-01 02:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
218 posts,
#1093, "RE: Anyone ever done the $15 Camber mod"
In response to Reply # 6

They are BBS RK's. 18x8.5
Joe
97 GS w/ Hahn stage 2

Joe
97 GS w/ HRC stage 2 +

BLKOUTMar-19-01 02:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
218 posts,
#1094, "Sorry, that should be 18x7.5"
In response to Reply # 7

Joe
97 GS w/ Hahn stage 2

Joe
97 GS w/ HRC stage 2 +

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1086 Previous topic | Next topic