Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8435
View in threaded mode

Subject: "99 Ball Joint Recall????" Previous topic | Next topic
skinny_oneApr-06-02 03:32 PM
Member since Mar 03rd 2002
258 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8435, "99 Ball Joint Recall????"

Was there one???

- No Purchase Neccesary. Details Inside.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
trwebb26Apr-06-02 04:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
347 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8436, "RE: 99 Ball Joint Recall????"
In response to Reply # 0

you bet... I had BOTH of mine replaced last week!

Tim
trwebb26@yahoo.com
White 1999 GS - Manual Tranny
Mods: B&M Shifter, Symbroski Shifter Kit, RRE SS Clutch Line, AEM Short Ram Intake, Clear Side Markers, GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

skinny_oneApr-07-02 02:55 PM
258 posts,
#8437, "RE: 99 Ball Joint Recall????"
In response to Reply # 1

I need a new ignition key anyway so I think I'll go there tomorrow. How long did it take??

Hurricane_GSApr-07-02 03:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
613 posts,
#8438, "RE: 99 Ball Joint Recall????"
In response to Reply # 2

You have to call and make an appointment. If you just show up there is a good chance you will not get in. Not sure how long it takes as I have not had mine done yet.

"Don't worry, I'm fluent in weirdo."
Hurricane_GS
eclipse@gcni.net
AKA: Glenn H. Shelton III
Saint Cloud, FL
1997 Eclipse GS Non-Turbo
http://eclipse.greenliquid.com
---------------------
Front Upper Strut Bar
Rear Upper Strut Bar
Custom Lower Front Tie Bar
Custom Lower Rear Tie Bar
AEM Cold Air Intake
Pace Setter Muffler
Custom Short Shifter (Only $40 - Email me for info! eclipse@gcni.net)
Smoke Tinted Clear Tail Lights
Custom Illuminated Center Tail
Tokico Blues
Eibach Pro Kit
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar

On the way:
Indiglo Needles

Hurricane_GS
AKA: Glenn H. Shelton III
Saint Cloud, FL
1997 Eclipse GS Non-Turbo
eclipse@greenliquid.com
http://www.hurricanegs.com

skinny_oneApr-08-02 03:01 AM
258 posts,
#8439, "RE: 99 Ball Joint Recall????"
In response to Reply # 3

I just got back from my mitsu dealer. I had to get a key cut. The parts guy said my squeak was my wheel hub bearing. He also said that my car had the ball joints done already. I have an appointment tomorrow to get the wheel hub bearing replaced. The dealer I goto is pretty cool.

Blk95GSApr-08-02 09:42 AM
Member since Jan 22nd 2002
214 posts,
#8440, "RE: 99 Ball Joint Recall????"
In response to Reply # 4

i went to the dealer just to check if the ball joints had been replaced yet....they said "haven't been done yet, you mind waiting an hour?" so an hour later i left with new ball joints, no problems and not a penny out of my pocket.

Travis

CaptainApr-08-02 05:48 PM
Member since Jan 26th 2002
31 posts,
#8441, "RE: 99 Ball Joint Recall????"
In response to Reply # 5

Hey Skinny. What were your symptoms for the wheel bearings? Noises high or low pitched, when they occured etc...? I think my 99's left front wheel bearing is bad at around 50,000 miles. Deep, low groaning sound from wheel area at different times and I already had the recall done too. Any idea on the price for the dealer to do the job?

Drew

NO REMORSE!! NO REGRETS!!

trwebb26Apr-09-02 02:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
347 posts,
#8442, "RE: 99 Ball Joint Recall????"
In response to Reply # 6

I think I paid $180 for a new wheel hub bearing at my mitsu dealer.

Tim
trwebb26@yahoo.com
White 1999 GS - Manual Tranny
Mods: B&M Shifter, Symbroski Shifter Kit, RRE SS Clutch Line, AEM Short Ram Intake, Clear Side Markers, GS

CaptainApr-09-02 05:41 AM
Member since Jan 26th 2002
31 posts,
#8443, "RE: 99 Ball Joint Recall????"
In response to Reply # 7

$180?? Was that with labor? Damn expenseive bearings if not. Was yours the one that locked up and caused an accident? Whats the deal with wheel bearings going bad on 99's?

Drew

NO REMORSE!! NO REGRETS!!

Moderator992gntApr-09-02 06:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#8444, "RE: 99 Ball Joint Recall????"
In response to Reply # 8

Find a dealer that gives DSM discounts. I can get that same bearing and hub for $104 all day long. Even if you have to pay for shipping it's still cheaper than buying at full cost.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

skinny_oneApr-09-02 01:49 PM
258 posts,
#8445, "RE: 99 Ball Joint Recall????"
In response to Reply # 3

I found out the problem(actually the guy at mitsu found it.) I was riding on foour lugs, and somehow two of the other ones weren't holding the wheel on. I beleive the wheel was sliding on the studs, making the squeaking sound.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8435 Previous topic | Next topic