Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 5 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #5607
View in threaded mode

Subject: "W I D E est rims that'll fit" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
thisismygsJan-13-02 07:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
730 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5607, "W I D E est rims that'll fit"

what are the widest rims that'll fit on the eclipse? is it 8.5"? Can you fit the same width in the front and the rear, or does the rear take wider rims?

I THINK that 8.5" is the widest we can go, and the rear doesn't take wider rims, but i'm not sure. let me know guys!

dgonzalez52@yahoo.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
Mystic511Jan-13-02 09:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5608, "RE: W I D E est rims that'll fit"
In response to Reply # 0

i know rx7 rims fit on our car.. and those are 8's right? i'd like to know too.. cuz i'm like that car commercial... ee ahoo a oolah... wider is better. =P

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorEvuLFleAJan-13-02 10:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#5609, "RE: W I D E est rims that'll fit"
In response to Reply # 1

Pretty dumb question because you can put 20" wide wheels as long as the offset is crazy. The biggest I would put would be 8" with 235 being the largest tire I would put on.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

mitseclpsJan-13-02 10:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1018 posts,
#5610, "RE: W I D E est rims that'll fit"
In response to Reply # 2

how about 17x9.5??? (that's one of the sizes of the new lighweight volk wheels that just came out...17lbs)

-bryan
'98 rst

ModeratorEvuLFleAJan-13-02 11:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#5611, "RE: W I D E est rims that'll fit"
In response to Reply # 3

As long as the offset works. It might stick out who knows. Its your choice, call them and ask.

98 ESi
95 GS

thisismygsJan-13-02 01:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
730 posts,
#5612, "RE: W I D E est rims that'll fit"
In response to Reply # 4

okay, sorry for the "dumb question". what i MEANT was what is the widest wheel that will fit WITHOUT sticking out from the fender or rear quarter panel? there, is that better?

dgonzalez52@yahoo.com

ModeratorEvuLFleAJan-13-02 01:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#5613, "RE: W I D E est rims that'll fit"
In response to Reply # 5

Just dont go farther than a 235 tire. Anything about a 17x8 rim will probably hurt your performance anyway.

98 ESi
95 GS

ModeratorEvuLFleAJan-13-02 01:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#5614, "RE: W I D E est rims that'll fit"
In response to Reply # 6

Sorry for calling it dumb btw....

98 ESi
95 GS

thisismygsJan-13-02 01:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
730 posts,
#5615, "RE: W I D E est rims that'll fit"
In response to Reply # 6

>Anything about a 17x8 rim will probably hurt your performance anyway.

really? why do you say that? i would've thought that as wide as you can fit them (the wheels - except for when they stick out, i HATE that) more contact with the road therefore more traction. no? why not?

dgonzalez52@yahoo.com

Amish_EclipseJan-13-02 02:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#5616, "RE: W I D E est rims that'll fit"
In response to Reply # 8

your right wider is better but you said without sticking out. anything more than 8 will start to stick out. no point in going wider than 8 cause you will hurt your rain performance.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

1TuffRSJan-14-02 02:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#5617, "RE: W I D E est rims that'll fit"
In response to Reply # 9

well im rollin on 215 tires and when im rolling in the rain its a little scary when compared to rolling on the 14's. I hydroplaned about 5 times while covering about 45 miles, but the handling benefits are worth it

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #5607 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic