Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32228
View in threaded mode

Subject: "NO lowered or raise cars and trucks" Previous topic | Next topic
98_talonNov-22-09 09:01 AM
Member since Mar 04th 2009
41 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32228, "NO lowered or raise cars and trucks"
Apr-27-09 08:52 PM by 98_talon

Well im from NS Canada and this is apart of the new mvi (motor vehicle inspections) laws
http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/rmv/

I was wondering how long it would take for this to happen.

You can have the vehicle lowered or raised if you get the vehicle engineered approved. Yet there is no one certified to do this help us fight this change. We understand you can go to low or to high and be in a mess. We understand ppl can cut springs and torch them to lower a vehicle we just want to be able to lower or raise a vehicle using respectable using name brand parts.

*Note* any information sent to rideheight@yahoo.ca will not be used for any purposes other than to count as a vote against the new MVI rules so outlined on this page. Any vote to be counted must contain at least name and full address of following pieces of information, but preferably all that apply.

Full Name:
Full Mailing address:
Phone number:
Email address:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
freelancefoolApr-28-09 03:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32235, "RE: NO lowered or raise cars and trucks"
In response to Reply # 0

That's not even what the law says. Proper steering would be your inability to turn the wheel to lock without the tire rubbing.

My Blog

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RoninEclipse2GApr-29-09 04:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#32242, "RE: NO lowered or raise cars and trucks"
In response to Reply # 1

I got a laugh out of the "hockey pucks" note.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

freelancefoolApr-30-09 04:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#32245, "RE: NO lowered or raise cars and trucks"
In response to Reply # 2

You would be surprised how many people with Jeeps use hockey pucks to raise the suspension instead of blocks.

My Blog

RoninEclipse2GApr-30-09 12:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#32247, "RE: NO lowered or raise cars and trucks"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by freelancefool
You would be surprised how many people with Jeeps use hockey pucks to raise the suspension instead of blocks.

no, no I wouldn't. it just came off as funny that they actually refrenced it.

my favorites are hocky puck engine mounts.

Erik P.
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...

ModeratortekleinMay-07-09 07:47 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#32269, "RE: NO lowered or raise cars and trucks"
In response to Reply # 4

I thought hockey pucks had something to do with it being Canada

RoninEclipse2GMay-08-09 01:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#32272, "RE: NO lowered or raise cars and trucks"
In response to Reply # 5

You've never heard of that before Tim?

Erik P.

HedgeMay-10-09 05:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
#32279, "RE: NO lowered or raise cars and trucks"
In response to Reply # 6

A few people at my old college acctually used hockey pucks to lift a shitty truck. Ive known about it forever.

Thank you mobil one for rust proofing my driveway.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32228 Previous topic | Next topic