Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23421
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Hey all your people lowered over 1.6 inches????" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
joshky9Apr-09-04 03:34 PM
Member since Apr 04th 2004
30 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23421, "Hey all your people lowered over 1.6 inches????"

I have a question that may seem kind of dumb but here goes. I can barely get a jack under my car to change oil and do other things under my car, and im stock height right now. How do all of you lowered people raise and lower your cars? Your help would greatly appriciated.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Boofer97rsApr-09-04 03:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
800 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23422, "RE: Hey all your people lowered over 1.6 inches????"
In response to Reply # 0

it helps when you have a friend, cuz then they can lift up the fender while you slide the jack underneath.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Pushin420aApr-09-04 04:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1877 posts,
#23424, "RE: Hey all your people lowered over 1.6 inches????"
In response to Reply # 1

Or drive your car onto a 2x4...or something to raise the car...

~Lee

"CHECK OUT THE NEW CARBON KNIGHT AUTO"
still under construction
http://hometown.aol.com/pushin420a/index.html

Please help fix my car..
"DONATIONS ARE WELCOME"

***MODS***
Afx/Race computer, V2CAI, 60MM TB, P&P intake, Cam Gears, Exhaust
Tein Drop springs, Tokico 5-way adjustables.

***Mods to come***
Crane Cams,UDP,full greddy exhaust,headers

Lots of Show!!

nightwolf2369Apr-09-04 04:44 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2003
951 posts,
#23425, "RE: Hey all your people lowered over 1.6 inches????"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Pushin420a
Or drive your car onto a 2x4...or something to raise the car...

true

I no longer have my 99 rs because i totaled it!!!

eclipse_99rsApr-10-04 07:26 AM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#23432, "RE: Hey all your people lowered over 1.6 inches????"
In response to Reply # 3

I use a piece of wood, or anything i can find that i can drive up on.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

ModeratorEvuLFleAApr-10-04 09:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#23433, "RE: Hey all your people lowered over 1.6 inches????"
In response to Reply # 4

Between the front tire and the side skirt I can usually geta jack under. When I worked on my car with an air lift we had to get 2 guys to left the car up a little so we could swing the bars under.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

98starGSApr-10-04 10:43 PM
Member since Nov 11th 2003
528 posts,
#23456, "RE: Hey all your people lowered over 1.6 inches????"
In response to Reply # 5

i took the cap off the jack and that gave me enough room to slide it under the car you just have to be careful best is to drive up on something like the other guys said it depends on what kinda ground you have to put the car up on if its pretty flat you shouldn't have too much of an issue

ShockeclipseApr-11-04 02:15 AM
Member since May 18th 2003
2139 posts,
#23457, "RE: Hey all your people lowered over 1.6 inches????"
In response to Reply # 6

i can just barely slide my jack under the car. Pain in the ass to jack up from there. As soon as its as high as I can get it (look at other side of car and how my sideskirts are about to hit the ground) I throw my jackstands on. But it takes me like close to 40 mins to do all that. Like I said its really hard to jack it up with my skirts in my way.

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

Originally posted by turbo8u
every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

WickedESiApr-11-04 02:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#23471, "RE: Hey all your people lowered over 1.6 inches????"
In response to Reply # 7

I take the cap off my jack, to slide it under my bumper, then put it back on underneith the car.

You can also use that spare tire sissor jack to raise it enough to put a real jack under it.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

daNextKidMay-02-04 02:49 PM
Member since Jul 16th 2003
71 posts,
#23716, "RE: Hey all your people lowered over 1.6 inches????"
In response to Reply # 8

i use the spare tire jack uder the front passenger seat behind the front tire to lift the car up then i slide the floor jack in under the front, all done in like 5min

ughhheadMay-04-04 05:44 AM
Member since Jul 05th 2003
775 posts,
#23751, "RE: Hey all your people lowered over 1.6 inches????"
In response to Reply # 9

yup what ^^^ said. i use a scissor jack to lift the car like another 2 inches or so, then i can slide the floor jack up under there and that's it.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23421 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic