Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32834
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Where to get Drilled / Slotted rotors ?" Previous topic | Next topic
CyexmasterApr-12-10 06:44 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
324 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32834, "Where to get Drilled / Slotted rotors ?"

Want to get a set of D/S rotors (all 4 ) but I need the GSX kit becuase I am doing the brake conversion. Just wanted to know where I could get them for a low price..

Status- Need to do break-in...

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RoninEclipse2GApr-12-10 06:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32835, "RE: Where to get Drilled / Slotted rotors ?"
In response to Reply # 0

NOT EBAY!

Honestly pick one. Drilled OR slotted. Most quality manufacturers will only do one or the other for safety purposes. All the drilled & slotted rotors that you see on ebay are crap that someone's bought the brand name and modified. Highly dangerous.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CyexmasterApr-12-10 07:28 PM
324 posts,
#32838, "RE: Where to get Drilled / Slotted rotors ?"
In response to Reply # 1

OK.... Nice advice, I will take it.

Which is best drilled or slotted?

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

AdministratorCODE4Apr-13-10 09:49 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#32839, "RE: Where to get Drilled / Slotted rotors ?"
In response to Reply # 2

Pick one. Look at high end BMWs and Mercs - they typically have drilled rotors. Powerslots are great rotors for the money. Brembo blanks are even awesome quality.

As for a deal, search the damn Internet. You have been around long enough to know the usual vendors.

RRE, MachV, etc. Check Summitracing if you want Powerslots - they are usually hard to beat.

---

2012 2500HD LML

KayvinApr-14-10 04:09 AM
Member since Dec 02nd 2008
1 posts,
#32841, "RE: Where to get Drilled / Slotted rotors ?"
In response to Reply # 3

I donno about you guys but i plan on doing the EVO 8/9 Brembo swap. Theres a guy on DSMtuners selling brackets so that you can mount the huge brembo calipers on the front and the backs will just bolt right up. The evo rotors are also supposted to just slide right on also. Seems cheaper and easier then the usual JDM galant knuckle swap. Plus you get the sex appeal of Brembo brakes

CyexmasterApr-14-10 09:32 AM
324 posts,
#32842, "RE: Where to get Drilled / Slotted rotors ?"
In response to Reply # 4

Thanxs for the help guys, I found a nice deal on all 4 rotors they where listed as drilled and slotted but you can choose if you want only 1 of the 2 options and they are also zinc plated. Yes they are knockoffs... but they cant be that bad can they? I will let you know how they turn out...

bagged420aApr-14-10 12:33 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2009
107 posts,
#32843, "RE: Where to get Drilled / Slotted rotors ?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Cyexmaster
Thanxs for the help guys, I found a nice deal on all 4 rotors they where listed as drilled and slotted but you can choose if you want only 1 of the 2 options and they are also zinc plated. Yes they are knockoffs... but they cant be that bad can they? I will let you know how they turn out...

LOL they can be that bad if your not carefull. It probably won't be fun having a rotor crack or break on you. Rotors I don't think is a place you want to risk having a potential problem.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32834 Previous topic | Next topic