Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32631
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Question about Talons..." Previous topic | Next topic
Babbz413Dec-05-09 04:55 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32631, "Question about Talons..."
Dec-05-09 05:52 PM by Babbz413

im looking at picking up a 96 talon pending strut towers. my question is are there 2 different models of the talon? like the eclipse has gs and rs. with talons all ive heard of are esi (and obviously tsi turbo). and if there is different models...is there one that comes with rear disc brakes and one that doesnt?

not sure if this is in the right forum, my main concern is whether or not it may have rear discs so i figured brakes...

thanks

95 GS Boosted

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
ModeratortekleinDec-05-09 06:19 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#32632, "RE: Question about Talons..."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Babbz413
im looking at picking up a 96 talon pending strut towers. my question is are there 2 different models of the talon? like the eclipse has gs and rs. with talons all ive heard of are esi (and obviously tsi turbo). and if there is different models...is there one that comes with rear disc brakes and one that doesnt? not sure if this is in the right forum, my main concern is whether or not it may have rear discs so i figured brakes... thanks

I believe there is ES and ESi.

There are different trim models, but most Talons I have seen have rear discs.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TuxdreamerxDec-05-09 08:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32633, "RE: Question about Talons..."
In response to Reply # 1

I had a BASE model talon and it had rear drums. There is just simply a base model and a ESI then a TSI of coarse but thats it. The ESI that I had came with discs. I have had both so I know first hand.

95_ESi_PersonDec-05-09 09:22 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#32634, "RE: Question about Talons..."
In response to Reply # 2

My ESi had discs as well.

daes_vengeDec-07-09 04:04 AM
Member since Jun 25th 2006
252 posts,
#32635, "RE: Question about Talons..."
In response to Reply # 3

Talon Base = Eclipse RS
Talon ESI = Eclipse GS
Talon TSi & TSi AWD = Eclipse GSt & GSx

No base or RS will have rear discs. If one does, it was likely upgraded at some point.
All ESi, TSi, GSt, & GSx will have rear discs unless it's an oddball and was purposely ordered with drums instead of discs.

TuxdreamerxDec-08-09 04:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#32636, "RE: Question about Talons..."
In response to Reply # 4
Dec-08-09 04:49 PM by Tuxdreamerx

Originally posted by daes_venge
Talon Base = Eclipse RS Talon ESI = Eclipse GS Talon TSi & TSi AWD = Eclipse GSt & GSx No base or RS will have rear discs. If one does, it was likely upgraded at some point. All ESi, TSi, GSt, & GSx will have rear discs unless it's an oddball and was purposely ordered with drums instead of discs.

Only thing I have to disagree with is the part about a ESI = GS because my ESI had manual locks and windows while my GS had power everything

Now my ESI did have cruise and a rear wiper and all the other stuff just no power doors.

daes_vengeDec-08-09 06:50 PM
Member since Jun 25th 2006
252 posts,
#32637, "RE: Question about Talons..."
In response to Reply # 5

I'll rewrite that for you. There was also an Eclipse base that was just bare minimum. Very few were ordered that way so I didn't think it was worth mentioning. The #1 thing that stands out on a base Eclipse is it will not have a tachometer. I've only seen one base in person the whole 11 years I have been around these cars. I took a pic of the gauge cluster when I come across it. See below.

Talon Base = Eclipse Base
Talon ESi = Eclipse RS or GS
Talon TSi & TSi AWD = Eclipse GSt & GSx

The ESi had it's options. It was either ordered loaded or not but more often ordered loaded.

irregular defectDec-09-09 11:39 AM
Member since Feb 23rd 2006
87 posts,
#32638, "RE: Question about Talons..."
In response to Reply # 6

That just looks wrong.

RoninEclipse2GDec-09-09 01:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#32639, "RE: Question about Talons..."
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by irregular defect
That just looks wrong.

Agreed. It would drive me nuts.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

TuxdreamerxDec-10-09 08:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#32640, "RE: Question about Talons..."
In response to Reply # 6
Dec-10-09 08:46 PM by Tuxdreamerx

Originally posted by daes_venge
I'll rewrite that for you. There was also an Eclipse base that was just bare minimum. Very few were ordered that way so I didn't think it was worth mentioning. The #1 thing that stands out on a base Eclipse is it will not have a tachometer. I've only seen one base in person the whole 11 years I have been around these cars. I took a pic of the gauge cluster when I come across it. See below. Talon Base = Eclipse Base Talon ESi = Eclipse RS or GS Talon TSi & TSi AWD = Eclipse GSt & GSx The ESi had it's options. It was either ordered loaded or not but more often ordered loaded.

Edit: Nevermind I need sleep.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32631 Previous topic | Next topic