Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28109
View in threaded mode

Subject: "About to drop the car...question!" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
jonhixOct-11-05 07:04 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2004
89 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28109, "About to drop the car...question!"

Hey i am probably going to go grab some Tein High Tec / S.Tech Springs with a 1.3" drop for 100$ this weekend....I have a 98 rs, w/ the 10th anniversary edition rims....do you think a 1.3 drop will be enough to eliminate the wheelgappage(or most of it)? I just dont like the Ginormous wheelgap ;/

Jon_Hix
98' RS...almost stock, saving money for the custom turbo kit ^^

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
jonhixOct-12-05 06:23 AM
89 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28117, "RE: About to drop the car...question!"
In response to Reply # 0

anyone?

Jon_Hix

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

NoObTuNeROct-12-05 06:25 AM
Member since Sep 14th 2003
123 posts,
#28118, "RE: About to drop the car...question!"
In response to Reply # 0

wheelgappage and ginormous. good words haha. I dont know about your ? tho. I can tell you when I get my car back. My car is in the shop for accident repair. I asked them to install my pro kits while theyre at it. Shoud be around a 1.2 inch drop.

Brian

JenOct-12-05 09:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2349 posts,
#28122, "RE: About to drop the car...question!"
In response to Reply # 2

Yes, depending on your preference.

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

PinoyBalla5987Oct-12-05 09:59 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2003
8 posts,
#28123, "RE: About to drop the car...question!"
In response to Reply # 3

Well i got the same springs on that you're about to install and i'm pretty satisfied with it. It was about 1.2-1.4 inch drop if i remember. I do have 18's on now and it looks perfect imo.

BlizareOct-12-05 02:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#28124, "RE: About to drop the car...question!"
In response to Reply # 4

your stock struts will be toast in either a week or a few months.

(under the assumption thats what you are installing them with since there was no mention of aftermarket struts)

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

jonhixOct-12-05 07:32 PM
89 posts,
#28127, "RE: About to drop the car...question!"
In response to Reply # 5

Thats correct...stock shocks for now. I just want to get rid of the ugly wheelgap...and someone mentioned earlier they are on 18's with this drop..im only on 16's ;p

Jon_Hix

eclipse_gs_1512Oct-13-05 03:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3287 posts,
#28128, "RE: About to drop the car...question!"
In response to Reply # 6

I would suggest not worrying about the wheel gap until you have the money for new struts too. There is no point in just slapping lowering springs onto your factory struts. You're only going to cause yourself problems along with the fact that you'll have to redo the entire install when your stockers quit on you.

2007 wrx

EclipseTenzoROct-13-05 10:48 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#28129, "RE: About to drop the car...question!"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by eclipse_gs_1512
I would suggest not worrying about the wheel gap until you have the money for new struts too. There is no point in just slapping lowering springs onto your factory struts. You're only going to cause yourself problems along with the fact that you'll have to redo the entire install when your stockers quit on you.

I concur with his statement. I have switched my suspension about 3 times already because i did not put new struts on in replacement of the stock ones.. But hey good thing is I am a pro at replacing suspension now.. I can get the whole car done in 3 hours

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

PinoyBalla5987Oct-13-05 09:08 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2003
8 posts,
#28133, "RE: About to drop the car...question!"
In response to Reply # 8

Any tips other than the one given in the diy for installing struts, i wanna do it this weekend

CustomGSOct-14-05 05:51 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2004
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28134, "RE: About to drop the car...question!"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by eclipse_gs_1512

X2, This is a fact.

Chris
---------------------------------------

98 Eclipse GS 5 spd- sold
95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Originally posted by DR1665
Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
No, but one time i tried to pee over a car, and pooped my pants.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28109 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic