Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #20154
View in threaded mode

Subject: "what shocks are the stiffest?" Previous topic | Next topic
95_ESi_PersonSep-24-03 04:58 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20154, "what shocks are the stiffest?"

i don't plan on lowering my car, but i do want stiff shocks.

i'm asking because i see a purple eclipse on campus that is lowered and the back end bounces like it is riding on air, i want something where i can feel the road, i want perfect handeling, no body roll.

any input would be appreciated

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TXrepresentSep-24-03 05:57 PM
Member since Jun 24th 2003
541 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20156, "RE: what shocks are the stiffest?"
In response to Reply # 0

Any aftermarket shock would be stiffer than OEM.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

talon614Sep-24-03 07:31 PM
Member since Dec 19th 2001
64 posts,
#20157, "RE: what shocks are the stiffest?"
In response to Reply # 1

tokico illuminas hands down

Is your dash painted?

ModeratorVX100Sep-25-03 04:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#20167, "RE: what shocks are the stiffest?"
In response to Reply # 0

Tokico illuminas are NOT the stiffest shocks you can get!

KYB GABs are FAR stiffer, and FAR more expensive. That's one of the common super stiff autocross/road racing shocks out there for our cars.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

95_ESi_PersonSep-25-03 07:23 AM
3260 posts,
#20171, "RE: what shocks are the stiffest?"
In response to Reply # 3

ok thanks. and no my dash is not painted. would be cool though

HadesOmegaSep-25-03 08:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#20187, "RE: what shocks are the stiffest?"
In response to Reply # 4

HAHA trust me you don't want to feel the road that much. It'll feel like your car is gonna break at every bump.

I hear the stiffest shock for our car (not a racing one) are GABs. But I've only heard of em for 1gs but they may make em for 2gs. I heard the lowest setting is equivalent to the highest setting on illuminas haha hows that for stiff.

I'm running skunk2s (yes super stiff cuz its for drag racing) and kyb agxs. My car rolls VERY little, you watch it on autox videos and you don't see it roll very much.

shiet you want no body roll put some 1 inch sway bars on your car that'll do the trick hehe.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

95_ESi_PersonSep-26-03 07:55 AM
3260 posts,
#20191, "RE: what shocks are the stiffest?"
In response to Reply # 5

i do plan on sway bars, i'm gonna first get the rear sway bar, then i'm gonna get better ones, or i'll order the parts, and get the better one right away to start out with,

road feel does not bother me... if i wanted smooth i'd get a buick (this car will be my drag/autox/rallyish car)

ErikSep-27-03 02:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1536 posts,
#20221, "RE: what shocks are the stiffest?"
In response to Reply # 6

I got GAB's. Stiff like if you like your liver to be a milkshake. Mine are currently dying/dead and I'm switching to blues.

Shit is all apart. Typical...

Amish_EclipseSep-28-03 10:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#20230, "RE: what shocks are the stiffest?"
In response to Reply # 7

because it's the stiffest feeling doesn't make it the best. the best spring strut combo for our car is the TEIN super street coil over setup. ride will be close to stock but cornering ability will surpass anything you could throw at it aside from an equally match coilover setup. i beleive this setup costs like $900. good strut and spring is almost $800 total so it's not a bad deal considering how much better it would be. plus it's dampening and ride height adjustable.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #20154 Previous topic | Next topic