Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #17647
View in threaded mode

Subject: "3000 GT Base Wheels" Previous topic | Next topic
derekMay-09-03 08:03 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
325 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17647, "3000 GT Base Wheels"

I've already done the search if they could fit our cars, but the person was asking for the 18" version. I was wondering if the 16" version will fit in our cars. Let me know the specs on them if you can. Thanks.
-derek

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
fauchpjMay-09-03 10:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17650, "RE: 3000 GT Base Wheels"
In response to Reply # 0

not sure, they may be too wide

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

The1BillMay-10-03 08:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
#17653, "RE: 3000 GT Base Wheels"
In response to Reply # 1

They should bolt right up, might need a spacer. They are 16X7.5 with a 46MM offset, so they aren't that wide. I can fit a 17" VR-4 wheel with a 15MM spacer (well, that's how it looks anyways), and those are 17X8.5 with a 46MM offset (31MM offset with the spacer). The base wheels should fit, though.
-=B-=

Dude, Boeing called. They want their wing back.

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.
Me: Can I put that in my sig?
Dark0ne95: GO right fucking ahead.

woo2gnt97May-10-03 05:41 PM
Member since Nov 06th 2002
1362 posts,
#17655, "RE: 3000 GT Base Wheels"
In response to Reply # 2

Not sure. When I get my eclipse back from the body shop, I could check for you. I must say tho .. the 3000gt vr4 stock 17's are frickin diesel compared to my stock eclipse 14's. To the point where when the two are next to each other, the vr4 looks like its running on slicks and the eclipse is on 10-speed bicycle tires. I'd imagine 18 won't be too much bigger, just less rubber. I have 17's tho.

The eclipse will be back in about 10 days, so if you don't know by then, I can check

Black 97 Eclipse RS a/t (totalled but being rebuilt)
17'' HP Typhoons
Goldline Springs w/ Tokico Blues
Nakayama CAI
Cat-Back Exhaust
Final Drive Gears
AFX UDP

Metallic Fiji Blue 92 3000GT VR4
new engine on its way

The1BillMay-10-03 10:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
#17657, "RE: 3000 GT Base Wheels"
In response to Reply # 3

That 18 is a reduculous wheel. From what I hear, due to it's width, it won't fit in the fenderwell with the added diameter. I don't know, though...
-=B-=

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.

1sweet98talonMay-11-03 05:00 PM
Member since Nov 26th 2002
341 posts,
#17672, "RE: 3000 GT Base Wheels"
In response to Reply # 4

Ya, the 18 will not fit width wise. They have like 275 width tires stock.

"If there is nothing mechanically wrong with you're DSM, then there is something wrong with you're DSM"

The1BillMay-12-03 09:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
#17681, "RE: 3000 GT Base Wheels"
In response to Reply # 5

The 18s are still 245s, but the extra height makes things a bit, uh, tight. Well, way beyond tight. Hell, the 17s are tight!
-=B-=

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #17647 Previous topic | Next topic