Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #14554
View in threaded mode

Subject: "3" drop" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
maronGSDec-29-02 06:15 AM
Member since Dec 25th 2002
36 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14554, "3" drop"

i have a ractive coilovers and my car is droped about 3 inches. I need ideas on how to jack up my car or get it off the road if my tire gets flat. The car is so low that if my tire goes flat there is no way i can stick a jack underneath it. I dont want to put airbags in and i dont want to raise it up just need some ideas on how to fix a flat tire.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
juggaloDec-29-02 07:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14555, "RE: 3" drop"
In response to Reply # 0

just dont try to jack it up with the spare tire jack. it will probably break if you try and use it on a car that low.

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mrlocalpimpDec-29-02 07:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4518 posts,
#14556, "RE: 3" drop"
In response to Reply # 1

All I can think of is at the rear of the car there might be enough height so you can get a jack onto the arm thing (the sutrdy parts at the car end of it) that leads to the rear tire. This is a common place to jack a car up at and easily raises both rear tires. Not sure about the front though... Well when you jack up this part the front will raise some and you might fit a jack under there somewhere

I got banned for being a constant tard.

shuwa29Dec-29-02 07:58 AM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
#14557, "RE: 3" drop"
In response to Reply # 2

go to home depot and have some pieces of wood cut. if you get a flat, roll the car on to the wood, and then slide the jack under the car. that's what i have to do right now to jack mine up with a floor jack.
later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

juggaloDec-29-02 11:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#14558, "RE: 3" drop"
In response to Reply # 3

do what shuwa29 said, then raise up your coilover atleast until you get the tire replaced.

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

shuwa29Dec-29-02 01:14 PM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
#14559, "RE: 3" drop"
In response to Reply # 4

yeah, even though i'm not dropped 3 inches like you, i still have to roll up on pieces of wood to use a floor jack. but atleast this way, you can do this without worrying about breaking something and all.
later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

mrlocalpimpDec-29-02 03:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4518 posts,
#14560, "RE: 3" drop"
In response to Reply # 5

Thats a good idea boys. Ever since I put skirts on I cant get my hydr. jack under the car. I have to use the stock jack to raise it a little then I can use the hydra. jack. Wood sounds good.

I got banned for being a constant tard.

maronGSDec-30-02 01:26 AM
36 posts,
#14561, "RE: 3" drop"
In response to Reply # 6

did have wood before my tire busted but now my front bumper is basically laying on the floor. tx anyways ill try to jack the back end up and get the wood on the front somehow.

DseclipseDec-30-02 01:55 AM
Member since Nov 16th 2002
29 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14562, "RE: 3" drop"
In response to Reply # 7

My suggestion would be to have Fix a Flat with you all the time and just bring it to the shop. Alot easier, prolly more expensive though.

JZA69Dec-30-02 07:45 AM
Member since Jul 28th 2002
373 posts,
#14563, "RE: 3" drop"
In response to Reply # 8

i have a jack that i bought online that rests totally flat...its about 1.5 inches thick maybe 2 inches so it can get under any car....Ill try and remember where i bought it but its designed for low cars.

1997 Eclipse GS
AEM CAI
Apex'i N1 Catback
Greddy Header
5% window tint
Front-Rear-Lower Rear STB's
Yellow Painted Calipers
1st gen altezzas with original painted center piece
Soon-Tokico Illum's or Blues

maronGSDec-30-02 10:45 AM
36 posts,
#14564, "RE: 3" drop"
In response to Reply # 9

yeah i would really like to buy something like a flat jack try to find that web page, tx

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #14554 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic