Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #547
View in threaded mode

Subject: "solid motor mounts installed (cuts down wheel hop)" Previous topic | Next topic
phattalonJan-28-01 08:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#547, "solid motor mounts installed (cuts down wheel hop)"

hey guys I read that someone was looking for solid motor mounts. Well energy suspensions makes them and they are 20$. The install on the rear is a little tricky. The feel is a little wierd the car tends to shake at idle but it is woth it.If anyone has problems hit me up.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamStan2gntJan-28-01 04:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#548, "RE: solid motor mounts installed (cuts down wheel hop)"
In response to Reply # 0

Are you sure these aren't just inserts. I find it hard to believe full mounts would cost $20 especially from energy. Are you sure there solid or are they just "more solid".

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

VxROxVJan-28-01 05:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
43 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#549, "RE: solid motor mounts installed (cuts down wheel hop)"
In response to Reply # 0

If you dont mind... WOuld u please show us a step by step instructions on the motor mounts install and what tools and certain tricky moves that was done with the rear mounts??? Juan i think this would be cool for the 2gNT web page...

RO

wolf221Jan-29-01 02:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
21 posts,
#550, "RE: solid motor mounts installed (cuts down wheel hop)"
In response to Reply # 0

Can you send me a link for the web page where I can get these. My car is in right now for new motor mounts because of the wheel hop.

Thanks
99 Eclipse GS
rsadelski@home.com

TeamDeanoDJan-29-01 12:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#551, "suspension.com"
In response to Reply # 3

DeanoD
1997RS-NeverTurbo
http://ar.dsm.org

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

TeamDeanoDJan-29-01 12:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#552, "these are only inserts"
In response to Reply # 4

that slip in next to the factory mounts. I think Prothane might make a full poly mount....not sure. I would not recommend it anyway...too much vibration from the motor. I would stick to new factory mounts with energy suspension motor mount inserts. These install on the front and rear mounts. The side mounts are left alone and really not needed. suspension.com will get them to ya quick and pretty darn cheap. BTW: if you race at the track just buy the solid mount from howellautomotive.com to install at the track.

DeanoD
1997RS-NeverTurbo
http://ar.dsm.org

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

TeamStan2gntJan-29-01 03:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#553, "RE: these are only inserts"
In response to Reply # 5

I have the solid mount up front and dont mind it on full time but rear inserts might be the straw that breaks the hat (and I'm not swapping a rear mount but once). I think I'm gonna do it anyway and learn to live with it like I did the front solid one.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #547 Previous topic | Next topic