Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #518
View in threaded mode

Subject: "My Tires Are Going Bald!!!! Make It Stop Please" Previous topic | Next topic
TrishasTalonJan-26-01 09:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
284 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#518, "My Tires Are Going Bald!!!! Make It Stop Please"

I have been having problems with my rear tires going bald i am on my fourth set of rear tires and don't know what to do, I also took my car to an alignment shop and they wanted to bend my spindles... whatever that means so what should i do ...Its a 95 talon fwd n/t....If anyone out there has an answer please help...I ALREADY HAVE A CAMBER KIT!!! email me with help at TrishasTalon@msn.com... I would really appreciate it

thanx
trisha

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
cyanJan-26-01 03:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#519, "RE: My Tires Are Going Bald!!!! Make It Stop Please"
In response to Reply # 0

if you have a camber kit and are still going bald then your camber kit is on worng. were you in the installation bay watching them when they put it on? because they may have done the measurements before they put the kit on and when they put the kit on theymay have not put the shims in so you would have no adjustment and if they didnt do the alignment after the installation you would still be negative. if they did this they are not a good shop.
take a look at your tires from the top, are they slanted?
did you get the printout after the kit was installed? does it have the camber/toe measurements on it? if it does check them to see because if the printout says your camber is zero and your tires are going bald then you must be buying firestones
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamStan2gntJan-26-01 04:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#520, "RE: My Tires Are Going Bald!!!! Make It Stop Please"
In response to Reply # 1

May be on right just not enough correction. My rear camber kit is only +.75 so tire wear is still not even just liveable. Now are the tires going bald or wearing unevenly. If they are going bald evenly then you may want longer lasting tires or ease up on the driving hard. If there high performance tires like RE-71 or SP8000 they wont last but 20-30K miles anyway with zero camber and toe . If tires are wearing uneven and camber is okay (which it must not be if they want to bend your spindles..idiots) your tire pressures may be off. One way to tell is use a pyrometer and play with tire pressure until the temp is the same across the tread.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

ModeratorjuanJan-28-01 01:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#521, "RE: My Tires Are Going Bald!!!! Make It Stop Please"
In response to Reply # 2

As Stan2gnt basically indicated, have your alignment checked. If the toe is off, you will experience wear on the inside (most commonly) edges of the tires, which most people then think is from having too much camber. If you get the toe zeroed, the problem should go away.

juan

cyanJan-28-01 02:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#522, "RE: My Tires Are Going Bald!!!! Make It Stop Please"
In response to Reply # 3

on top of that you should know if your toe is off. when turning especially, you will fell some wobble and the turn-in will be awkward. before mine was adjusted it was almost undriveable, i wasnt worried about tire wear, i was worried about crashing the car
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

TrishasTalonJan-29-01 04:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
284 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#523, "RE: My Tires Are Going Bald!!!! Make It Stop Please"
In response to Reply # 4

Turning is fine, no wobble or anything....Another thing i have my stock 14" tires on and they don't wear at all is that odd?

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #518 Previous topic | Next topic