Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #3136
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Motor Mount insert Installation" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
CJWalkerJul-06-01 05:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
74 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3136, "Motor Mount insert Installation"

Just lookin for advice from those who have done the install themselves. Im pickin up a set tomorrow cuz there only $25. Thanx

**Sold** '96 GS Eclipse M5
http://www.geocities.com/cjwalker2/MyCar/mycar.html

'92 Talon TSi AWD M5
13.8 @ 97mph 1.74 60ft
http://www.geocities.com/cjwalker2/92tsiawd/chrisstalon.html

'99 Sebring Silver Z28 M6
13.3 @ 106mph 2.1 60ft
http://w

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
RoboTechDSMJul-07-01 05:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1402 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3137, "RE: Motor Mount insert Installation"
In response to Reply # 0

Dunno if I can give you installation tips because my friend, works at a local Dodge service station, installed them for me. He installed both front and rear. If your gonna install it yourself, I've heard the rear one is the pain in the ass. I do can tell you this, after he installed them, I popped the hood and rev my engine and the thing JUST STAYS THERE. It would not rock back and forth. Also, the car feels A LOT more torquier. The vibrations weren't as bad though!!!! Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Kris
"Someday............I'll have traction problems!!!!"
Tampa, FL
Pinoy Turbo 2GNT

1999 HRC Turbo RS
Stage 2
Auto with BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

koolade9Jul-10-01 11:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
537 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3138, "RE: Motor Mount insert Installation"
In response to Reply # 1

I've got the energy suspension front and rear. I did the front today in like 15 minutes. super easy, didn't even have to jack up the car. If anyone here has put the rear one in, I have a few questions about how they got to the rear one....

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJul-10-01 03:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#3139, "RE: Motor Mount insert Installation"
In response to Reply # 2

The rear is a mutha. I have a set sitting in my closet. I thought, hey, $25, cool... Naw. You can do the front in about 15 minutes, it's right there in front. The rear, well, i'd say the easiest way to get to it would be to remove the battery, intake, washer fluid reservour, and maybe the EGR pipe just to make it that much easier.. Then you'd at least be able to see it. Get a really long etension and maybe you'll be able to unbolt it from the crossmember and knock it loose. If you've every got a free weekend, give it a shot. Worse you can do is strip some bolts and break a few off in something important. Do your 95's fuel filter while you're down there

Get the Mitsubishi Technical Information manual for the 95-99 Eclipse HERE!
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/files/dsmmanual.pdf

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

TeamMichael_97RSJul-11-01 02:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#3140, "RE: Motor Mount insert Installation"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah front insert is easy, I could do it in my sleep. I looked at the rear and well... I didnt even try it, I knew I didn't have enough day light. I'm going to take a shot at it when I install my ported/polished intake manifold. While everything is out I think I can get at it... if not I'll wait till I do a clutch... or... pay... some... one... ugh that hurt to say.

"Claim Victory in your heart, and the universe will follow."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather Filters, AFX UDP, 55mm TB, GS-T Muffler, FU/RU/RL STBs, Front NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., Red Silicone Hose Kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads, S-AFC, A/F Meter

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Clutch Line, Rear Motor Mount Ins., EGT

Waiting for from RRE: Front Lower Tie Bar

Waiting for: Intake Manifold being ported/polished

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

koolade9Jul-11-01 05:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
537 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3141, "RE: Motor Mount insert Installation"
In response to Reply # 4

battery and tray are already in the back. I'll probably pull out the window washer resivoir and try it this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJul-11-01 06:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#3142, "RE: Motor Mount insert Installation"
In response to Reply # 5

Document! Take PICTURES! Get it added to the mods & installations list on the main page.. It coulds help a lot of people out.

Get the Mitsubishi Technical Information manual for the 95-99 Eclipse HERE!
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/files/dsmmanual.pdf

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

koolade9Jul-15-01 10:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
537 posts,
#3143, "RE: Motor Mount insert Installation"
In response to Reply # 6

okay, I did the rear mount this morning. it took about an hour from start to finish. Email me if you want pictures, I'm workin on a website but who knows how long till thats up.

anyways, here's what you need to do:
take out the battery, take off the plastic tray from underneath it. the window wash resivoir is held on by two bolts at the very top, take those out and un plug the clip at the bottom of the resivoir. take out the two bolts that hold your brake fluid resivoir and unclip the plug for the fluid sensor. You'll have to turn the resivoir kindof sideways to get it out, but it comes out pretty easily. I didn't feel like pulling off the hose so I just left it hooked up and set the resivoir on the valve cover.

you should be able to see the motor mount pretty well by now. all the bolts are 14mm, Instead of removing the actual mount itself, I just took out the three bolts that held the bracket connected to the motor. they were alot easier to get to and came out pretty easily. I'm sure you can figure out the rest from there.

as far as performance, I haven't lit em up yet to see if I get any hop, but I can definatly feel them there. personally I think it's cool as hell, whole car shakes at idle, but is perfectly normal when driving. I definatly reccommend them. I also put in the NRG suspension shifter mount inserts and between those and the B&M shifter, shifting is really tight and it sounds alot cooler going into gear, another $11 put to good use.

if you have any questions or need pics, email me.

gzrs99Jul-15-01 12:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
108 posts,
#3144, "RE: Motor Mount insert Installation"
In response to Reply # 7

Hey i would like some pics to the motor mount install email to gzunie@yahoo.com
thanks
??? Did you have to support the engine or raise the car to get access to motor mounts?

koolade9Jul-16-01 09:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
537 posts,
#3145, "RE: Motor Mount insert Installation"
In response to Reply # 8

I'll get you the pics when I get home, you don't have to support the engine or jack up the car....for either mount.

EsiTalonJul-17-01 01:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
42 posts,
#3146, "RE: Motor Mount insert Installation"
In response to Reply # 9

I would really like the pics too! Email them to me at mjvischu@students.wisc.edu

Thanks a ton!

V

95 Talon Esi AT

Mods
AEM CAI w/ bypass
V-Racing FU & RU STBs

Sounds
Clarion Deck
Xtant 500W Amp
2 12" MTX subs

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #3136 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic