Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26785
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Distinctive Shaking Only Under Acceleration??" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
clipse2g95Apr-07-05 12:53 PM
Member since Jun 14th 2004
167 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26785, "Distinctive Shaking Only Under Acceleration??"

I just installed my Sprint springs and had Car-x do a 4 wheel alignment. They replaced my driver side end tie rod and he said my car wobbles when driving it so i took it out and the damn thing vibrates a bunch ONLY under acceleration. As soon as i get up to speed its fine. He said something about the cv boot?? I was also thinking maybe a loose motor mount. I did just buy the solid front motor mount on here from the guy whos making them. Please any input, i'm desperate! THanks in advance though guys

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
madhatter210Apr-07-05 01:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26786, "RE: Distinctive Shaking Only Under Acceleration??"
In response to Reply # 0

Thats the mount talking, all normal imo for a solid mount. Its really not a bad feeling, your just feeling your motor put the torque down is all untill crusing speed.I got used to really liking the feeling of my motor under acceleration

http://www.murderpimp.com

2gnt T-shirts&swag
http://www.cafepress.com/mads

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

clipse2g95Apr-07-05 04:13 PM
167 posts,
#26788, "RE: Distinctive Shaking Only Under Acceleration??"
In response to Reply # 1

I dont have my solid motor mount installed yet....I plan on doing it and know my car will vibrate then, but it still does now. So could my stock motor mount be loose or something??

madhatter210Apr-07-05 04:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
#26789, "RE: Distinctive Shaking Only Under Acceleration??"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by clipse2g95
I dont have my solid motor mount installed yet....I plan on doing it and know my car will vibrate then, but it still does now. So could my stock motor mount be loose or something??

could be.. hard to tell witout looking/driving it for myself ..sorry I thought you installed the solid already...I know I did within the first 10 mins I got it lol.

2gnt T-shirts&swag

clipse2g95Apr-07-05 05:19 PM
167 posts,
#26790, "RE: Distinctive Shaking Only Under Acceleration??"
In response to Reply # 3

If its not my motor mount and it ends up being like my cv boot or cv joint how much are those and is it a job I could do myself? I'm fairly well at mechanically taking apart and putting back together parts. Thanks

madhatter210Apr-07-05 05:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
#26792, "RE: Distinctive Shaking Only Under Acceleration??"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by clipse2g95
If its not my motor mount and it ends up being like my cv boot or cv joint how much are those and is it a job I could do myself? I'm fairly well at mechanically taking apart and putting back together parts. Thanks

yes do it yourself......theres a bunck of how to's here ....I think terry just posted one this weeks with a stubborn cv stuck on hub tool dealio. But yea do it yourself its the only way.

2gnt T-shirts&swag

WickedESiApr-07-05 10:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#26795, "RE: Distinctive Shaking Only Under Acceleration??"
In response to Reply # 5
Apr-07-05 10:30 PM by WickedESi

Sounds like your passenger side cv joints are worn out even if the boot isn't tore. Same thing happened to me and some others.

Here's more on that:
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=4&topic_id=65139&mesg_id=65139&listing_type=search

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

clipse2g95Apr-08-05 02:29 AM
167 posts,
#26797, "RE: Distinctive Shaking Only Under Acceleration??"
In response to Reply # 6

thanks guys, so does if its somethin with the axle or cv joint, what exactly will i need to buy. A whole new axle for the driver and passanger side, or just a new cv joint for the passenger side. thanks! cory

WickedESiApr-08-05 03:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#26798, "RE: Distinctive Shaking Only Under Acceleration??"
In response to Reply # 7

A whole new axle is the logical thing to do. They are around $70 w/ the core, and come w/ a lifetime warranty from the major auto parts stores.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

clipse2g95Apr-08-05 04:52 AM
167 posts,
#26799, "RE: Distinctive Shaking Only Under Acceleration??"
In response to Reply # 8
Apr-08-05 05:16 AM by clipse2g95

Would this be the correct item to purchase? http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=CCT&mfrpartnumber=6737&parttype=945&ptset=C
I also found one at raxles.com

If for some reason you cant get to it from this link, its at advanceautoparts.com and just under a 95 mitsu eclipse front wheel drive automatic transmission. How difficult will it be for me to swap out my old axle for this new one?

Also, if i buy this axle does it come with the cv joint and boot. I know thats the boot on there so then is the joint inside of it. Sorry I'm just starting to learn about this topic. I havent had to deal with this problem on my dsm yet.

mcgyvrApr-08-05 07:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#26800, "RE: Distinctive Shaking Only Under Acceleration??"
In response to Reply # 9

go to raxles. talk to marty, should be 119 bucks each axle
comes with remanufactured shaft and new joints/boots,etc.. on both ends plus free return shippin on the core.

you have a bad inner cv joint or bent shaft.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26785 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic