Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #17165
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Coilovers have harsh ride?" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
whatisyousayinApr-21-03 07:38 PM
Member since Dec 24th 2001
85 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17165, "Coilovers have harsh ride?"

Is this true

1997 RS
Coming soon:
ALL SHOW, NO GO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
MannyyyApr-21-03 07:48 PM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
1526 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17166, "RE: Coilovers have harsh ride?"
In response to Reply # 0

Yep.

-Manny

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipser96gsApr-22-03 03:14 PM
Member since Apr 21st 2003
20 posts,
#17185, "RE: Coilovers have harsh ride?"
In response to Reply # 0

hmm, i have coilovers on the fornt only, havent done back yet, the only thing i noticed is that it squeaks some and it is MUCH bouncier(like when coming off a bridge that has a little dip at the end connecting to the road) i kinda like the bounce though. i dunno if its related but my hub bearing went out shortly after i put on the coilovers...

Michael
96 GS--pain in the ass

jonnybizApr-22-03 03:25 PM
Member since Feb 09th 2002
5 posts,
#17186, "RE: Coilovers have harsh ride?"
In response to Reply # 2

I have Ground Controls one of the best coilovers out there. and i have AGX KYB 8 way adjustable shocks. My ride is SOOOOO HARSH.....i am getting rid of them ASAP. Gives and Amazing drop. If need ground controls...250 obo

BLACK 1997 GS
TAILIGHTS: CLEAR
18" MOTEGI MR7
215/40/18 YOKOHAMA PARADA
GREEN NEON UNDERBODY KIT
GREEN NEON INTERIOR LIGHTS
CUSTUM JAPANESE GAUGES(letters in JAPANESE)
CUSTUM CATBACK..4.5" tip
SHORT RAM INTAKE
SHORT THROW SHIFTER
JSP TERMINATOR

CoprEklipzApr-23-03 04:38 PM
Member since May 23rd 2003
614 posts,
#17217, "RE: Coilovers have harsh ride?"
In response to Reply # 3

Ok, let me get this straight. A soild engine mount will vibrate the hell out of the car, but give you almost nil wheelhop. Some people can stand it, even like it, others determine the gain does not outweigh the sacrifice.

Coilovers-lower your car and provide a stiff spring. Ride quality plumments. So what I want to know is, does the handling improve in a similar comparison, as in, if you're not into a smooth ride, is this worth it for handling and appearance?

Amish_EclipseApr-23-03 05:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#17225, "RE: Coilovers have harsh ride?"
In response to Reply # 4

no. coil overs have softer springs than an actual spring setup. that's why they can be clamped down and adjust ride height. that's also why they're bouncy.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

CoprEklipzApr-23-03 06:51 PM
614 posts,
#17226, "RE: Coilovers have harsh ride?"
In response to Reply # 5

argh. so how do we get ride height adjustability with a stiff spring? anyone? Bueller?

Amish_EclipseApr-23-03 06:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#17227, "RE: Coilovers have harsh ride?"
In response to Reply # 6

$2000 coil overs

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

CoprEklipzApr-23-03 07:00 PM
614 posts,
#17228, "RE: Coilovers have harsh ride?"
In response to Reply # 7

hahaha...ok, you've got me there. What's a fair compromise then?

Is the ride of coilovers REALLY that bad?

Is there any way to lower your car and use stiff springs and shocks still (aka, no coilovers)

If I'm gonna get coilovers, what's the best set out there (quality, ride quality, adjustability, etc)

What's the best setup for PERFORMANCE (better handling) as opposed to looks?

KahnApr-23-03 09:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
431 posts,
#17238, "RE: Coilovers have harsh ride?"
In response to Reply # 8

Dude -- how often do you think you are going to adjust your ride height??? Some would like you to think its as easy as just a click and a turn -- but you know what -- you gotta jack the car up...each corner and turn...tighten etc... and why would you really ever change the ride height?? If its too low -- well its too low.

If you really want it -- get the real deal coilovers. I had coilovers and there is no way in hell i will ever go back.

2003 VW GTI 1.8t.. I used to have a 95 Eclipse but well...water sucks.

whatisyousayinApr-23-03 09:19 PM
Member since Dec 24th 2001
85 posts,
#17239, "RE: Coilovers have harsh ride?"
In response to Reply # 9

Fuck coilovers from what I've been hearing... I like how the H&R Race Springs drop our car... might pick those up with some adjustable shocks...

1997 RS
Coming soon:
ALL SHOW, NO GO

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #17165 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic