Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4916
View in threaded mode

Subject: "quick lowered suspension question..." 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
2GNTCUTIEDec-09-01 10:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
114 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4916, "quick lowered suspension question..."

Would the stock strut/shock bottom out with a 2" drop? front and rear?

95 Eclipse RS

-Ractive CAI
-Aerospeed 2.5" Cat-Back
-AFX UDP
-NGK Plugs
-Magnecore Wires
-Centerforce Stage 3 DF
-Front Strut Bar
-Clear Tails
-Clear Corners
-Custom Short-Shifter
-Pimp Ass reupholstered F&R seats in red and white!!
-17" Enk

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
vegasdsmrDec-09-01 10:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4917, "RE: quick lowered suspension question..."
In response to Reply # 0

watup qt

uhh, depends on how fast u hit them potholes. it will blow eventually, just gotta get round them bumps.

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Ryan_HesDec-09-01 10:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#4918, "RE: quick lowered suspension question..."
In response to Reply # 1

It wouldn't take long until they blew, I guarentte they woulfnt last a month.

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

davedDec-09-01 11:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
665 posts,
#4919, "RE: quick lowered suspension question..."
In response to Reply # 2

I don't understand how you all blow out your struts out so fast, I have had Skunk2 coilover's for almost 2 years and I am still on stock struts, haven't blown out yet.

1999 Eclipse RS (all show)
1990 Turbo Eclipse (race)

LoudEclipseDec-09-01 11:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1758 posts,
#4920, "RE: quick lowered suspension question..."
In response to Reply # 3

wo0t!
ive been on a 1.5" drop for a long time on stock, and its still a good ride

madregalDec-12-01 06:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
398 posts,
#4921, "RE: quick lowered suspension question..."
In response to Reply # 4

how many miles do you have on your shocks?

>ive been on a 1.5" drop for a long time on stock, and its
>still a good ride

'98 GS AT.Magenta Gray Pearl.Accel Spark Plug Wires.NGK Plugs.AEM Short Stack.GS-T Exhaust.AFX Underdrive pulley.RRE Front Lower Bar.Tenzo Rear Upper Bar.Tenzo Rear Lower Bar.Tenzo Front Upper Bar.Energy Suspension Bushings.Energy Suspension Motor Mounts.

Teameclipse804Dec-09-01 12:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#4922, "RE: quick lowered suspension question..."
In response to Reply # 3

I'm not sure, but maybe having skunk2's may help it last longer. THe reason is that the springs are so stiff, so then doesn't that leave less work for the shock? Meaning the spring won't compress as much, so the shock won't be compressing as much either? Not sure if that makes sense/

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

davedDec-09-01 12:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
665 posts,
#4923, "RE: quick lowered suspension question..."
In response to Reply # 6

Tru I understand where you are coming from with your explination eclipse804.

koolade9Dec-09-01 04:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
537 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4924, "RE: quick lowered suspension question..."
In response to Reply # 7

how far are you dropped daved? if you're all the way down on those coilovers, like-it-or-not, you're on bumpstops, so the shocks aren't traveling enough to blow.

just a good way to think about it, if it's bouncy, you need stiffer shocks.

davedDec-09-01 05:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
665 posts,
#4925, "RE: quick lowered suspension question..."
In response to Reply # 8

Well I have them all the way down but I don't notice the car being too bouncy at all. Everyone that gets in my car always gives me props for how smooth it rides for being so low. They always ask if I have aftermarket struts and when I tell them I don't they are always surprised. I mean don't get me wrong it does ride a little rough sometimes over bumps and shit but not nearly as much as when I see some cars as low as mine and they look like they are bouncing all over the place.

Ryan_HesDec-09-01 05:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#4926, "RE: quick lowered suspension question..."
In response to Reply # 9

I also have SKunk2 Coilovers, and stock struts. I'm on about a 1.8 drop, and mine have been blown for months..

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4916 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic