Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #25393
View in threaded mode

Subject: "suspension parts cross referencing" Previous topic | Next topic
wite96gsOct-11-04 09:34 AM
Member since Mar 20th 2004
365 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25393, "suspension parts cross referencing"

I know that our cars and the Avenger/Sebring twins are very very similar, my question for you all is how similar is it? what parts of the suspension can be swapped out?? my reason for asking is because there are a few avengers in the junkyard with much better bushings etc. than mine, I'm thinking of just pulling whole assemblies from that car and throw them on mine. any info would be a great help.

TIA Don

-----------
'96 Eclipse GS
'94 Talon TSi AWD
www.SOVADSM.com

All gone now. Too bad, so sad.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Ducking_FumbassOct-11-04 10:35 AM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25394, "RE: suspension parts cross referencing"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.prothanesuspension.com/

Get some real bushings. 'Nuff said. Might want to tap everything for a grease fitting, but other then that, you are all set with a set of Prothanes, a torch, a hacksaw, and a hammer.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-11-04 11:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#25395, "RE: suspension parts cross referencing"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Ducking_Fumbass
http://www.prothanesuspension.com/ Get some real bushings. 'Nuff said. Might want to tap everything for a grease fitting, but other then that, you are all set with a set of Prothanes, a torch, a hacksaw, and a hammer.

And a shop press. Ever tried to burn out a stock bushing? Fuck that.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

wite96gsOct-11-04 04:18 PM
365 posts,
#25400, "RE: suspension parts cross referencing"
In response to Reply # 2

well, I like the idea, but I can get all the parts for less than that, and I talking, ALL the partsand the bushings on them are in pretty good shape too. I noticed that the prothane total kit doesn't really look like it covers all the bases. I'm figuring, if I can swap out all the parts for this cheap, I'll do it, but I'm not 100% sure that these parts are 100% interchangeable. anyway, thanks for the info. Don

-----------
'96 Eclipse GS
'94 Talon TSi AWD
www.SOVADSM.com

mcgyvrOct-12-04 05:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#25402, "RE: suspension parts cross referencing"
In response to Reply # 3

suspension parts are 100% interchangable. we have the exact same suspension,etc.. just the body is like 11 inches longer.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

wite96gsOct-12-04 08:29 AM
365 posts,
#25403, "RE: suspension parts cross referencing"
In response to Reply # 4

thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you very much . there is a nice looking 99Avenger sitting at the junkyard with my name on it. now I get to change out my rear crossmember... oh the joy,

Don

-----------
'96 Eclipse GS
'94 Talon TSi AWD
www.SOVADSM.com

Administratoradmin2Oct-12-04 10:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
543 posts,
#25406, "RE: suspension parts cross referencing"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by mcgyvr
suspension parts are 100% interchangable. we have the exact same suspension,etc.. just the body is like 11 inches longer.

The springs are not the same.

wite96gsOct-13-04 07:59 AM
365 posts,
#25425, "RE: suspension parts cross referencing"
In response to Reply # 6

this is very good news, as last night I killed a curb, destroyed my rim even worse than it was, my new tire is swiss cheese, and worst of all, the wheel sits about 2 inches back from from where it should be. I could tell that the upper arm is whacked pretty bad from hitting the top of the shock tower, but I don't think that could move the wheel that far back by itself. I didn't see any noticeable damage to any of the other parts though, but there must be if the wheel is so far back. any ideas, suggestions? I really hope the chassis isn't f***ed. thanks again for any and all of your advice

-----------
'96 Eclipse GS
'94 Talon TSi AWD
www.SOVADSM.com

mcgyvrOct-13-04 08:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#25426, "RE: suspension parts cross referencing"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by admin2
Originally posted by mcgyvr suspension parts are 100% interchangable. we have the exact same suspension,etc.. just the body is like 11 inches longer.
The springs are not the same.

ah yes thanks the spring rates are different. thats it

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #25393 Previous topic | Next topic