Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #10679
View in threaded mode

Subject: "H&R Springs w/ KYB AGX" Previous topic | Next topic
rhuiJul-11-02 08:58 AM
Member since Apr 06th 2002
262 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10679, "H&R Springs w/ KYB AGX"

Anyone know if this combination for suspension is bad? Right now that is what I have in my car. Whenever I go over a bump a bit too fast, it really feels hard. (Like BANG) Some people have told me it is because the KYB AGX shock length is too long, and the bang is the shock hitting the bump stop. Should I switch to a different spring so it sits to a higher ride height?

Right now the H&R Springs lower 1.7" front and 1.5" back. I was thinking of getting Eibach Springs, but the ones I can get are for the AWD, which lowers 1.4" and 1.3"

Also, can I run AWD Springs? I'll just be a little higher than normal no?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
proDMDJul-11-02 02:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
580 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10680, "RE: H&R Springs w/ KYB AGX"
In response to Reply # 0

I have been down this road before..NO you cant use the AWD prokit. Why? got me but you cant....I have the prokit and also get the "BANG" but I would guess not as often as you. Only on some good size holes. did you get an alignment yet? because after I got mine the ride was 100x better. Where you at maybe you can ride in someones eclipse with a prokit or the H&R with illuminus?

AFX/UDP,AEM,AF/X 55mm TB,50 shot of NOS,Glenn's short shifter,17" tantrum,prokit KYB AGX,JL stealthbox sony headunit,audiobahn amp,M3 style mirrors,Blue leds,yellow fogs,reverse ind,w

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

proDMDJul-11-02 02:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
580 posts,
#10681, "RE: H&R Springs w/ KYB AGX"
In response to Reply # 1

I almost forgot did you cut the bump stops in half?

AFX/UDP,AEM,AF/X 55mm TB,50 shot of NOS,Glenn's short shifter,17" tantrum,prokit KYB AGX,JL stealthbox sony headunit,audiobahn amp,M3 style mirrors,Blue leds,yellow fogs,reverse ind,w

rhuiJul-11-02 05:13 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2002
262 posts,
#10682, "RE: H&R Springs w/ KYB AGX"
In response to Reply # 2

>I almost forgot did you cut the bump stops in half?

Ya, I did.. And I also got the alignment.. I mean it's not BAD, but feels bad when I hit those damn pot holes on unfamiliar roads.

Hmm, ok I'll stay away from the prokits. I've heard different from other ppl tho, they say we can use them just not the other way around.

proDMDJul-12-02 05:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
580 posts,
#10683, "RE: H&R Springs w/ KYB AGX"
In response to Reply # 3

welcome to the lowered club! you will never get the same ride as stock hight..maybe on true coilovers $2000 no thanks

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #10679 Previous topic | Next topic