Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1969
View in threaded mode

Subject: "need help !!! chrome stress bars ???" Previous topic | Next topic
TalonApr-24-01 06:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1969, "need help !!! chrome stress bars ???"

i want to get a front upper tower and rear upper tower stress bar that is chrome. where can i get both of these for a good price? also if i get the rear upper tower do i need the rear sway bar ? and what does it add?

thanks

Talon
97'Talon Esi
Smokin' Honduh's All Day Long!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Teameclipse804Apr-24-01 07:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1970, "RE: need help !!! chrome stress bars ???"
In response to Reply # 0

I have a brand new Advanced Concepts front upper strut bar which is polished aluminum (looks just like chrome) for 35 bucks plus shipping. Its brand new, with black end caps. I got it for someone else on the board a long time ago, but they ended up not needing it. E-mail me at eclipse804@hotmail.com if you want it.

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMichael_97RSApr-24-01 07:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#1971, "RE: need help !!! chrome stress bars ???"
In response to Reply # 0

You can get chap ones from Nopi or ebay something like that but...

I used to think a strut tower brace for the most part s was a strut tower brace. Until I saw an Eibach STB on a BMW, this was the thickest sturdiest STB I've even seen. I now know why the Eibach STBs are about $100. And why I'm now concindering paying that much. So I'm thinking the $40 STBs aren't as strong and don't reduce as much of the tower flexing as the more expemsive ones...

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

TalonApr-24-01 09:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
#1972, "RE: need help !!! chrome stress bars ???"
In response to Reply # 2

LAST EDITED ON 24-Apr-01 AT 02:28 PM (PST)

I WANT IT hehehe i will e-mail you when i get home...at work right now.

thanks

Talon
97'Talon Esi

HadesOmegaApr-24-01 05:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#1973, "RE: need help !!! chrome stress bars ???"
In response to Reply # 3

Heh yeah I got one of those flimsy fron strut tower bars from ebay. It's by focuz. Anway my cousin has a AE86 with a Cusco Strut bar. That thing is thick as hell and if you hit it, it makes a thunk sound as opposed to my think... hehe Well I really wanna do that dual strut tower bar thing with the Neuspeed bar but I can't find one. Anybody know where I can find one for cheap? I saw a Sprint ad in Super Street and they had a cool double bar tower bar. Or perhaps I'll get one from RRE those steel ones.

95 Mitsu Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | Performance Muffler | Cold Air Intake | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | and 1 highly skilled driver |

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

TalonApr-25-01 01:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
#1974, "RE: need help !!! chrome stress bars ???"
In response to Reply # 4

LAST EDITED ON 25-Apr-01 AT 06:49 AM (PST)

what does the AC bar look like? anyone have a pic they can post or a site to go to so i can see it? does it look nice? does neuspeed make one that is chrome for our cars? and where can i get one. i am getting that one from eclipse804 but if i like another better i can always get it later.

also still looking for rear chrome one ???

thanks

Talon
97'Talon Esi

Teameclipse804Apr-25-01 06:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1975, "RE: need help !!! chrome stress bars ???"
In response to Reply # 5

Here's the AC bar on my car

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

95GSTApr-25-01 12:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
20 posts,
#1976, "RE: need help !!! chrome stress bars ???"
In response to Reply # 4

Hey Hades Omega
I was thinking about buying some from EBay as well.

What do you think of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=582721093&r=0&t=0

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=583051855&r=0&t=0

Some say TURBO ONLY. Whats the difference?

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1969 Previous topic | Next topic