Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31276
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Camber kit just screwed me over" Previous topic | Next topic
FossilApr-14-08 07:59 PM
Member since Jul 16th 2006
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31276, "Camber kit just screwed me over"

Yeah literally. My car has been lowered for almost 2 years now and I have Ingalls cambers on the fronts. Well I just replaced both my upper control arms because the passenger side nearly snapped itself off where the camber meets the lower arm.

So I was putting the driver side back together and I was having a bitch of a time getting the nut to thread back onto the bolt for the camber. Well I never got it. It's stripped itself so bad or somehow it just won't thread at all. So trying to tighten it just spins the ball joint in the camber and makes it impossible. I ruined the boot completely in the process of trying to find stupid ways to get it tight.

So I need a single Ingalls camber. Not two. I'm having a hard time finding a site that sells just one. I'm sure it's going to cost me about 70 bucks for a single Ingalls camber but I need it asap. If anyone has one available or knows of a site that sells singles, I'll pay extra to get it shipped fast.

I thought about grinding the bolt down to skip the beginning since that is where it messed the threading up, but I already ruined the bolt trying countless times to get the nut on so I don't even care anymore.

Go figure, I can't finish anything on this damn DSM without a stupid problem like this coming up. I really don't like my car lately.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
2GeclipseRSApr-15-08 08:57 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31278, "RE: Camber kit just screwed me over"
In response to Reply # 0

Me either.

I always grease EVERYTHING though.

I've stripped so many bolts on my bmx bikes and skateboards that it just became a reaction.

Any bolt that doesn't have grease on my car will have it when i remove it.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FossilApr-15-08 09:28 AM
Member since Jul 16th 2006
3 posts,
#31279, "RE: Camber kit just screwed me over"
In response to Reply # 0

Lucky me I guess.

http://www.ultrarev.com/product.php?productid=36889

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-15-08 10:02 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#31280, "RE: Camber kit just screwed me over"
In response to Reply # 0

your stuck buying a pair or contact ingalls themselves to see if they will sell you one.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31276 Previous topic | Next topic