Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8553
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Help!! Lugs wont come off" Previous topic | Next topic
RSlow_FLApr-10-02 02:44 PM
Member since Apr 10th 2002
7 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8553, "Help!! Lugs wont come off"

sup guys. i have a bit of a problem here...it seems that all the lugs on the left back tire are all rusted in and they wont come off. i already broke one of the lugs off and i only have 4 left and i dont feel like breaking anymore. ive tried everything and they wont budge. any suggestions how i should fix this??

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamXtremeRSApr-10-02 02:55 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8554, "RE: Help!! Lugs wont come off"
In response to Reply # 0

Use an air impact wrench, i bet you will get em off that way. The lug nut wheel studs are easy to replace, so don't worry too much if you break more of em..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamDeanoDApr-11-02 01:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#8555, "RE: Help!! Lugs wont come off"
In response to Reply # 0

Go buy 5 new studs(dealership recommended)from a parts store. You should also buy 5 new lug nuts. If you have aftermarket nuts, then buy a new lug kit. Go somewhere to have them use an impact wrench on it. They may come off if you try and have them tighten them first then loosen them. Either way, you need to put new studs and nuts on when you are finished if they are all rusted and seizing on you.

In the future, use just a tad bit of antiseize on the threads to keep them from rusting solid. In the south, it is not much of a problem. When I lived in Alaska, I always used a little antiseize everytime I took off my wheels or they would rust solid every winter.

Make sure they torque to approx. 100 ft pounds. I torque mine to 110, but that is just me.

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

HadesOmegaApr-11-02 08:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#8556, "RE: Help!! Lugs wont come off"
In response to Reply # 2

here's a lesson always use anti seize try doing this get a torque wrench or breaker bar. And tug on it, like pull hard and let go and pull hard again etc... or try it hitting the breaker bar with a hammer, it simulates what an impact wrench does. Spray a buncha WD40 on the lug also, dont' know if that'll help though

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

The1BillApr-12-02 03:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
#8557, "RE: Help!! Lugs wont come off"
In response to Reply # 3

Use PB Blaster. It comes in a yellow can and looks like an aerosol infomercial, but it is the best penetrating oil I have found (penetrating oil... how dirty sounding...).
So, um, yeah. Spray the PB Blaster. Good shit.
-=B-=

Dude, Boeing called. They want their wing back.

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.
Me: Can I put that in my sig?
Dark0ne95: GO right fucking ahead.

Amish_EclipseApr-12-02 01:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#8558, "RE: Help!! Lugs wont come off"
In response to Reply # 4

well i have air tools sooo.... yeah. but when i got stuck i used to find a long peice of hollow pole and slip it over the edge of my ratchet handle and torque them off

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8553 Previous topic | Next topic