Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #715
View in threaded mode

Subject: "strut bars" Previous topic | Next topic
EvMan2345Feb-12-01 05:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#715, "strut bars"

I have a front strut bar. Is there a way to take the oil cap off without taking the bar off? Also i am looking into a rear upper strut bar. I need my panel behind the backseat (hatch panel with the fabric on it) and was wondering if i put a rear strut bar on, will the panel still go down all the way? Thanks alot

Evan B
02 Explorer
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
LeeFeb-12-01 05:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
309 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#716, "RE: strut bars"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't know what kind of strut bar you have, but my oil cap comes out with it on. I have to angle it a little, but it comes out pretty easy. I have a Ractive strut bar BTW.

Sorry the pic is so big and I know the engine is a little dirty, but it will get detailed very soon.

Lee
http://www.geocities.com/turbo99gs

HRC Stage II
Coming Soon!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EvMan2345Feb-12-01 05:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#717, "RE: strut bars"
In response to Reply # 1

i have a freedom design front strut bar and my cap doesnt come off at all, i tried tilting it and what not, but it just wont come off

Evan B
02 Explorer
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

LeeFeb-12-01 06:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
309 posts,
#718, "RE: strut bars"
In response to Reply # 2

I don't know for sure, but you might have to buy an aftermarket oil cap. I believe anyone made for hondas will fit our cars.

Lee
http://www.geocities.com/turbo99gs

HRC Stage II
Coming Soon!

TeamDeanoDFeb-12-01 07:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#719, "It all depends on what brand you buy"
In response to Reply # 1

I have a suspension techniques STB and I can get at my oil cap(factory or aftermarket honda). Here is a pic of it. It is an old one and lots of things in my engine have changed, but you get the idea. BTW: the rear hatch lid will fit fine with a rear upper STB. I even bought the mini shoulder pads(for child seat)and slid them over the bar where the metal rail(from the lid)rests on the bar. No rattle noise on bumps and looks nifty too.

DeanoD
1997RS-NeverTurbo
http://ar.dsm.org

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

EvMan2345Feb-12-01 07:53 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#720, "RE: It all depends on what brand you buy"
In response to Reply # 4

thanks for all your help

Evan B
02 Explorer
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #715 Previous topic | Next topic