Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6146
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Had the alignment done with $15 rear camber mod!" Previous topic | Next topic
espilcEGSJan-28-02 04:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
257 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6146, "Had the alignment done with $15 rear camber mod!"

I put my Tokico illuminas and Tokico 1.5 spring on Thurday. Only took 3 hours, but i had a lift and air tools. At the same time i put on the $15 rear camber mod. I took it to Mitsubishi this morning and 2 hours and $97 later it was back to within factory specs. So to everyone with the big camber question, my car has 1.5 springs, $15 rear camber mod, nothing up front, and is back to spec.
Craig

05 STi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
flossinpnoyracerJan-28-02 05:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6147, "RE: Had the alignment done with $15 rear camber mod!"
In response to Reply # 0

after springs settle in they tend to get lower and just always pay attention to the wear on your tires just in case because tires are a bitch to replace moneywise

1999 GST

1997 RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJasonESi_TJan-28-02 07:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#6148, "RE: Had the alignment done with $15 rear camber mod!"
In response to Reply # 0

My setup is close to yours, with the same results, except I had prokits. Nothing up front was required to put the camber back to stock. With performance tires, the alignment guy did say to be mindful to rotate your tires every oil change.

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

espilcEGSJan-28-02 08:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
257 posts,
#6149, "RE: Had the alignment done with $15 rear camber mod!"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks for the tip!!!

05 STi

CaptainJan-28-02 09:39 AM
Member since Jan 26th 2002
31 posts,
#6150, "RE: Had the alignment done with $15 rear camber mod!"
In response to Reply # 3

I too just had my alignment done and have some more questions. From this board, I understand the rear camber should be -1.0 My spec sheet that the shop gave me says that the preferred camber is -1.67 with min -2.17 & max -1.17 With the $15 camber mod, my left rear is now at -1.92 and my right is -2.16 which they told me to add another washer to the right rear to get it with-in range. Am I just reading too much into this or do I have something to worry about with the numbers I listed? Also, my front left is at -.75 with preferred listed at -.33 and my front right is at -1.42 which the shop suggested I get an adjustment kit for just the right front. I am really getting confused here. Should I go to Mitsubishi and have them check it or am I all good?

Drew

NO REMORSE!! NO REGRETS!!

NO REMORSE!! NO REGRETS!!

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Jan-29-02 12:54 AM

#6151, "RE: Had the alignment done with $15 rear camber mod!"
In response to Reply # 4

shit i'd say you're good to go mang....haha u think i'm within spec?! Ya right! Mine's so off it's aint even funny, you're a helleva lot better off than me. I wouldnt worry about a .10 of a degree since u'd only have to pay again to get it re-aligned after u adjust the rear again. Just do what home skillet said up above and watch ur tire wear and rotate every oil change....(which is something i need to do BADLY on payday, ish! )

tenzoeclipseJan-29-02 09:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
236 posts,
#6152, "RE: Had the alignment done with $15 rear camber mod!"
In response to Reply # 5

I just had mine done. My toe was the main problem, I went through 2 brand new parada's in 4,000 miles. I have tenzo 1.5 inch drop. I did the rear camber mod. The results are, Toe: in 1 inch on the rears, out .25 inch front, Camber: -1 to -2 rear, and -2 to -3 fronts. Are the fronts going to be a problem?

Chris

Konig 18" Tantrums
Tenzo 1.5" springs
Aerogear 6-vent hood
GTR-wide wing
97+ headlights
"sports" altezza's
Taylor 8mm red wires
Brospeed header
StoneRaci

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6146 Previous topic | Next topic