Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #3764
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Are SS brake lines worth it?" Previous topic | Next topic
SquidOct-26-01 07:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
927 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3764, "Are SS brake lines worth it?"

I'm in the process of aquiring some GSX calipers and I was wondering if while I'm in there I should upgarde the lines. A friend of mine told me they aren't really worth it.

99 GS

-J

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-26-01 08:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3765, "RE: Are SS brake lines worth it?"
In response to Reply # 0

The older they are, the more worth it they become.

Older lines get weathered and will expand under pressure, which results in a "squishy" feeling pedal and reduced braking efficiency. Stainless lines are like having brand new brake lines, forever.

For Mitsubishi Technical Manuals, INCLUDING the 97-99 electrical and service manuals, click HERE:
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/files/
No MP3 for YOU!

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HadesOmegaOct-26-01 03:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#3766, "RE: Are SS brake lines worth it?"
In response to Reply # 1

Yes like Dino sez ther you lines are the more you should get em. If your car is roughly 5 years old you might wanna get em because that's when they start getting mushy. haha I should get too!

Grrr it's gonna eat you up!
AFX Pulley | Autometer Bezel Gauge Holder | Modified A/F Ratio Gauge | B&M Super Oil Cooler | Energy Suspension Shifter Bushings | JAZ Oil Catchcan | Performance Muffler | HKS Air Filter | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | FU, RU, RL, and RRE FL Tie/Strut Bars | RS to TSi Rear Disc Mod | RS to TSi upgraded F&R Sway Bar | 97' Spyder Eclipse 5 Spoke Wheels | HKS Standard Blow off Valve | HKS TYPE 1 Turbo Timer | Star Stage 1 T3/T04E BB Turbo Kit | Starion Front Mount Intercooler | Schroth Autocontrol 3-Point Harness | and 1 HiGhLy SkIlLeD DrIvEr! |
Performance b4 Lookz, a car can only be as fast as it's driver! ^_^

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

TeamDeanoDOct-27-01 11:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#3767, "Oh yes, SS lines are worth every penny"
In response to Reply # 0

Using them requires less pedal pressure for maximum rotor/pad grip. The brakes feel very linear and it is easy to adjust foot pedal pressure while maximizing threshold braking. For $79 from RRE how can you beat them.

If anyone is still looking for fwd (not GSX) RRE stainless lines and russell speedbleeders, our shop is selling them for $100 shipped for the complete set brand new. (4 lines and 4 bleeders)
501-450-6333 S&A Motorsports

DeanoD
1997RS-NeverTurbo
#62 STS SCCA Arkansas Region
http://arscca.org

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #3764 Previous topic | Next topic