Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33844
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Accident damage" Previous topic | Next topic
FreshasfckMar-29-15 12:00 PM
Member since Jan 18th 2015
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33844, "Accident damage"

I was hit on the rear driver quarter panel. It pushed the rear lower control arm hard enough into the subframe? that it sheared where the arm bolts to that little frame.Just wondering what this part is called so I can call the nearest wrench a part and get a quote be for I drive 2 hours there to get it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-29-15 07:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14937 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33845, "RE: Accident damage"
In response to Reply # 0

The rear lower control arm, or the trainling arm? The control arm bolts into the rear crossmember, which is realpcable as a unit. The rear trailing arm bolts into the unibody...

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorCorbinMar-30-15 07:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#33846, "RE: Accident damage"
In response to Reply # 1

I wouldn't drive two hours for that. Those are undesirable parts that anyone parting out a car would be happy to get rid of. I threw away four or five this winter. See the picture below:

Which arm is it? Send that picture to http://millerimportparts.com/ and I bet they can ship it to you for a fair price. If it turns out to be 41300A(L or R), be advised that the part is different for cars with and without rear sway bars. If your car came with a sway bar, you can only use the part intended for cars with rear sway bar. For 41617(L or R) and 41350, just get ones from any 2GNT. The 4G63 turbo versions look the same, but have different part numbers. Not knowing what the difference is, I would stick with 2GNT parts.

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33844 Previous topic | Next topic