Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32763
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Power steering rack rebuild" Previous topic | Next topic
scorpo86Mar-16-10 09:14 PM
Member since Nov 08th 2006
282 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32763, "Power steering rack rebuild"

I'm in the middle of rebuilding my rack but I dont know how to put that inner seal that's in the middle of the rack in or take it out. How do I take the main housing apart? i also see that one side runs dry, is that true because all the seals retain fluid one the none teeth side.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
scorpo86Mar-17-10 09:00 PM
282 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32764, "RE: Power steering rack rebuild"
In response to Reply # 0

Anyone?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

baconater3000Mar-28-10 11:23 PM
Member since Aug 11th 2009
104 posts,
#32783, "RE: Power steering rack rebuild"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by scorpo86
Anyone?

Tell you what...Dont worry about the rebuild. Buy one from me.

‹noboost› Four gee's and 63 years ago, our forefathers brought forth on this continent, a new dsm, concieved in Normal Illiniois...

Originally posted by barza21
barza + turbo = honda owning!!!!

mitsu95023Mar-30-10 11:40 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2009
36 posts,
#32796, "RE: Power steering rack rebuild"
In response to Reply # 2

i wish i could help you man. Im actually debating on doing a rebuild of mine as well to try to save some money, would you recommend it? what kit did you use?

'95 rs turbo project
'97 gs parts car
'01 Audi s4 DD
'80 porsche 911 993 widebody, 3.6ltr

gasha1Apr-30-10 08:53 AM
Member since Dec 24th 2009
12 posts,
#32855, "RE: Power steering rack rebuild"
In response to Reply # 3
Apr-30-10 08:54 AM by gasha1

...just curious guys--why are you rebuilding your racks? I have a pulling problem that I was told might be a leaking valve/seal inside my rack. I've thrown a lot of front-end parts at the problem with no solution. Sorry I can't help with your original question.

scorpo86May-02-10 11:59 AM
282 posts,
#32856, "RE: Power steering rack rebuild"
In response to Reply # 4

The kit is only 40 bucks but at the same time you have to think if you mess up you have to take all of it off again just to buy a new one. I got as far as all seals on and the only one I couldn't get out was the one in side on the damn thing. It was fun doing it because I never saw the inter workings of the rack but i just ended up buying a new one. The only hard part of the rebuild was taking off the ps lines from the pinion, i ended up cutting a line. oh yea, and putting it back on myself was a pain with lining it up with the steering wheal. Just buy a new one.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32763 Previous topic | Next topic