Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31050
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Strut tower replacement" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
TuxdreamerxJan-30-08 01:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31050, "Strut tower replacement"

I know this has been talked about on here before but they are very old posts and I am now doing the work.
I need to replace my strut towers on my 95 Talon ESI they have holes in them. I talked to my uncle he works at a chrysler dealership and they no longer sell the strut tower replacements does anyone know where I could get ahold of a set? Also does anyone know if they have to be out of my exact car if I was to cut some out of a car? What models have the same strut towers?

Anyway thanks in advance

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
ModeratorxcasbonxJan-31-08 03:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31051, "RE: Strut tower replacement"
In response to Reply # 0
Jan-31-08 03:21 AM by xcasbonx

http://www.2gnt.com/CAPS/main33/main33sub110.html

If I'm following what you're explaining you need PNC 40418. That is part number MR103156. Should be able to find one from a donor car, junkyard, or go to the dealer and buy brand new.

I contributed to the Wiki.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJan-31-08 05:28 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#31052, "RE: Strut tower replacement"
In response to Reply # 1

no, he is looking for the metal that rusts out. you know like Haz's towers are rotting away. if they are no longer sold, you may have to fabricate replacement patch panels. Many cars in the junkyards are going to be shot as well.

Terry

TuxdreamerxJan-31-08 06:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#31053, "RE: Strut tower replacement"
In response to Reply # 2
Jan-31-08 06:50 PM by Tuxdreamerx

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
no, he is looking for the metal that rusts out. you know like Haz's towers are rotting away. if they are no longer sold, you may have to fabricate replacement patch panels. Many cars in the junkyards are going to be shot as well. Terry

Yes that is correct. I have talked to a body guy, he said he will probably charge me $200 labor plus parts to do the work now that was just for the drivers side strut tower but im guessing like $300-$400 for labor on both. He is a friend of my dads so he wont kill me on labor. Also he gets his parts out of an Arizona junkyard usally, and of coarse there is no rust out there (At least minimal). So hopefully all will go well.I wanna know how bad you guys think it is compared to other cars you've seen.

Gotta throw in a pic of this cooked engine lol

So as you guys can tell the strut towers must be replaced and that engine is junk so im gonna have fun lol.

daes_vengeJan-31-08 07:08 PM
Member since Jun 25th 2006
252 posts,
#31054, "RE: Strut tower replacement"
In response to Reply # 3

Is the car really worth saving?

Anyway, strut towers off of a 95-00 Dodge Avenger and 95-00 Chrysler Sebring coupe are the exact same as the 95-99 Eclipse/Talon.

TuxdreamerxJan-31-08 07:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#31055, "RE: Strut tower replacement"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by daes_venge
Is the car really worth saving? Anyway, strut towers off of a 95-00 Dodge Avenger and 95-00 Chrysler Sebring coupe are the exact same as the 95-99 Eclipse/Talon.

See im wondering if its worth saving also, it will all depend on what my body guy says when he comes over to give me an exact estimate. I can pick up a engine locally for $300-$500 bucks so we will see... I really like the car but I dont wanna sink TOO much money into it.

Thanks for the info on the strut towers, im not trying to say what your saying isnt true or anything like that but is that 100% sure thing I want to make sure before I tell my body guy i'd hate to get some and they dont work.

anyways keep the input coming

daes_vengeFeb-01-08 06:49 PM
Member since Jun 25th 2006
252 posts,
#31061, "RE: Strut tower replacement"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Tuxdreamerx
Thanks for the info on the strut towers, im not trying to say what your saying isnt true or anything like that but is that 100% sure thing I want to make sure before I tell my body guy i'd hate to get some and they dont work. anyways keep the input coming

I am 100% sure. Even Avenger/Sebring with the V-6 has the exact same towers. But if you happen to get these from an Eclipse/Talon, make sure you get them from a non-turbo car. The Turbo car towers are different.

TuxdreamerxFeb-02-08 09:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#31068, "RE: Strut tower replacement"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by daes_venge
Originally posted by Tuxdreamerx Thanks for the info on the strut towers, im not trying to say what your saying isnt true or anything like that but is that 100% sure thing I want to make sure before I tell my body guy i'd hate to get some and they dont work. anyways keep the input coming
I am 100% sure. Even Avenger/Sebring with the V-6 has the exact same towers. But if you happen to get these from an Eclipse/Talon, make sure you get them from a non-turbo car. The Turbo car towers are different.

Cool I saw mopar still had the TSI Towers but they looked different. But with the avenger sebring info it should make it easier to find them.

HedgeFeb-02-08 03:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
#31069, "RE: Strut tower replacement"
In response to Reply # 7

If your good with a welder, you could fab something up for that pretty easily. Out of the three talons ive had, two had rusted through in the same spot. The one i have now is still flawless thanks to rustproofing haha.

Thank you mobil one for rust proofing my driveway.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-03-08 09:03 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#31072, "RE: Strut tower replacement"
In response to Reply # 8

Those are beyond patch panels...wow they are the worst i have seen. This is going ot be a very tricky repair.....if its not right your alignment will be screwwed.

You may be better off finding a set from a junkyard in the south someplace that arent as bad as yours.

2GeclipseRSFeb-04-08 09:05 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#31075, "RE: Strut tower replacement"
In response to Reply # 9

Those are terrible.

You're going to sink so much money into it or get rid of it asap. Watch.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31050 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic