Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27262
View in threaded mode

Subject: "GTO Caliper Fitment?" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
foggy45Jun-09-05 06:25 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27262, "GTO Caliper Fitment?"

anybody know if the calipers from a mitsubishi GTO will fit our car?
engine code is 6g72 so its the same as the 3kgt. chassis code is z16a if that matters.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7979893049&category=42605

thanks in advance

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
EclipseTenzoRJun-09-05 06:29 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27263, "RE: GTO Caliper Fitment?"
In response to Reply # 0

you will probably need special brackets to mount them on. Are they 2 or 4 piston?

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

foggy45Jun-09-05 06:41 PM
1032 posts,
#27264, "RE: GTO Caliper Fitment?"
In response to Reply # 1

they look like 4 piston. course i have no idea what to use for rotors. LOL!

DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .

Ducking_FumbassJun-10-05 03:53 AM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#27266, "RE: GTO Caliper Fitment?"
In response to Reply # 2

Are you referring to the turbo or the nonturbo 3000GT?

BumpinTalonJun-10-05 05:23 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#27267, "RE: GTO Caliper Fitment?"
In response to Reply # 3

they make brackets, intented to convert 3000GT non-turbo cars' brakes to the twin turbo cars' brakes. those same brackets can be used on DSMs to fit those calipers onto our car, so then you get absolutely gigantic brakes for not that much money. 12.5" rotors up front with really nice calipers I think the rears are 11.7" but I'm not sure.

I haven't been able to find the brackets again, but I do know they exit you will definitely need a certain kind of rim to fit those brakes, though, I think it was FlyinESi that said his HP Racing Evos wouldn't clear the calipers on his friend's Stealth RT.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

foggy45Jun-10-05 10:29 AM
1032 posts,
#27268, "RE: GTO Caliper Fitment?"
In response to Reply # 4

yea i found them! there out of stock though. we'll see if i get the calipers for a reasonable price.

http://www.electronicauto.com/products/2gttbrakeconversion/brackets.htm

Ahhhh Priceless . . .

BumpinTalonJun-10-05 10:55 AM
2381 posts,
#27269, "RE: GTO Caliper Fitment?"
In response to Reply # 5

there are guys on dsmtuners who got even bigger brakes on there... 13.1" with the same calipers! they made their own adaptor brackets though.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

turbo8uJun-10-05 11:51 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#27270, "RE: GTO Caliper Fitment?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by BumpinTalon
they make brackets, intented to convert 3000GT non-turbo cars' brakes to the twin turbo cars' brakes. those same brackets can be used on DSMs to fit those calipers onto our car, so then you get absolutely gigantic brakes for not that much money. 12.5" rotors up front with really nice calipers I think the rears are 11.7" but I'm not sure. I haven't been able to find the brackets again, but I do know they exit you will definitely need a certain kind of rim to fit those brakes, though, I think it was FlyinESi that said his HP Racing Evos wouldn't clear the calipers on his friend's Stealth RT.

you realize hwo many people have tried this and failed?

it doesnt fit

a guy on neons.org was selling kits for awhile, but yea...you need custom mounting brackets to get the 3kgt vr-4 calipers to work on a 2g.

BumpinTalonJun-10-05 01:28 PM
2381 posts,
#27271, "RE: GTO Caliper Fitment?"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by turbo8u
Originally posted by BumpinTalon they make brackets, intented to convert 3000GT non-turbo cars' brakes to the twin turbo cars' brakes. those same brackets can be used on DSMs to fit those calipers onto our car, so then you get absolutely gigantic brakes for not that much money. 12.5" rotors up front with really nice calipers I think the rears are 11.7" but I'm not sure. I haven't been able to find the brackets again, but I do know they exit you will definitely need a certain kind of rim to fit those brakes, though, I think it was FlyinESi that said his HP Racing Evos wouldn't clear the calipers on his friend's Stealth RT.
you realize hwo many people have tried this and failed? it doesnt fit a guy on neons.org was selling kits for awhile, but yea...you need custom mounting brackets to get the 3kgt vr-4 calipers to work on a 2g.

then you can make your own brackets and use even bigger brakes.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184965&highlight=3000gt+brakes

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

prop7459Jun-10-05 01:38 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2004
139 posts,
#27272, "RE: GTO Caliper Fitment?"
In response to Reply # 7

Not only the brackets you will have to get but also at least 8.5 wide rims (forgot the offset) for clearance for the caliper since that the VR4 rim width. For the neon guy I do not think you can go wider than 8" without doing some serious modifications. If we can use the 3KGT NT guys calipers and 3KGT NT can use the VR4 calipers besides the brackets how this setup would not work for u . Correct if I'm wrong on this?:

foggy45Jun-10-05 02:07 PM
1032 posts,
#27273, "RE: GTO Caliper Fitment?"
In response to Reply # 9

exactly what i was thinking bro!

Ahhhh Priceless . . .

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27262 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic