Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27193
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Need thoughts, before install..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
.bs0dMay-28-05 08:05 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2004
597 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27193, "Need thoughts, before install..."

I obtained DropZone struts + coilovers via trade for some tires; i havent intalled them but my car is going to the shop in a few days. I read through here and it looks like the coilvers are kinda shitty? but are they ok with the dropzone struts? I mean, what should I do?

sell coilovers, keep struts - get different brand coilovers
install both
install struts only

or is it ok with the combo.

thanks for the advice in advance

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
420a-TnthewerksMay-30-05 02:47 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27196, "RE: Need thoughts, before install..."
In response to Reply # 0

What's up with people not posting and helping out/giving opinions lately?

Anyway, I'd install both just to see how YOU like it, but I'm sure you've already made up your mind by now .

.bs0dJun-02-05 01:52 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2004
597 posts,
#27227, "RE: Need thoughts, before install..."
In response to Reply # 1

yes, mind made up - shitty indeed. Any little bump you cant even see sounds like you fucked something up, even at slow speeds. Im going to have to go BACK to the mechanic and have him install the old coilovers on the new struts (he said they'd fit).

Something is telling me these coilovers will find their way to ebay. Any recommendations on the next set to get? eibach? tein?

Ducking_FumbassJun-03-05 05:31 AM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#27232, "RE: Need thoughts, before install..."
In response to Reply # 2

Tein SS coilovers are a nice alternative. You will have a decent ride quality, and the handling is very good. The icing on the cake is that they are not all that expensive...

If you want to spend a bit more money, do not go with the Tein Flex coilovers, but rather, go with the JICs from Road Race Engineering. THAT will be your best bet for handling. It turned Roy Narvaez's car from a drag car to one that won the road-racing segment of the SCC USCC.

mcgyvrJun-03-05 06:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#27233, "RE: Need thoughts, before install..."
In response to Reply # 3

tein basic damper or the flex series is the ONLY kind I would recommend, all coilover sleeve type/shock setups suck even if you go with the best of components like koni's/ground controls its still not worth it

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

foggy45Jun-03-05 05:48 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#27238, "RE: Need thoughts, before install..."
In response to Reply # 4

if your gonna spend money you should do it right the first time and get the best you can for your baby. i would strongly recomend the tein type flex. your gonna have excelent adjustability and if you like to change your settings quite a bit you can get the EDFC as an add-on. i have yet to hear of someone on this board that has been disapointed by this purchace.

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

DSM_JohnJun-05-05 08:13 AM
Member since Jan 08th 2004
58 posts,
#27246, "RE: Need thoughts, before install..."
In response to Reply # 5

Here's another thought. Keep the dampners, sell the collar-overs and buy springs. Obviously true coil-overs are the best bet, but how many of us have scales to corner balance our suspensions? I don't, but the engineers that designed the springs did. If you aren't a hardcore SCCA racer and just looking for a street improvement, buy springs. I can personally vouche for Eibach Pro's. I also just installed AGX's w/ Neuspeed Sports on my buddies '01 Prelude which rode very well. Go with a respectable, progressive spring instead of a linear collar-over, my two cents.

donnyb373Jun-06-05 02:51 AM
Member since Apr 07th 2004
1122 posts,
#27249, "RE: Need thoughts, before install..."
In response to Reply # 6

apexi coilovers are better than tein imo

dalesmitsuJan-27-08 10:02 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#31039, "RE: Need thoughts, before install..."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by .bs0d
I obtained DropZone struts + coilovers via trade for some tires; i havent intalled them but my car is going to the shop in a few days. I read through here and it looks like the coilvers are kinda shitty? but are they ok with the dropzone struts? I mean, what should I do? sell coilovers, keep struts - get different brand coilovers install both install struts only or is it ok with the combo. thanks for the advice in advance

Or you can sell them and go for TOKICO Illuminas adjustable white. You can find a complete set fairly cheap, they have springs w/ them or swap them out add the Eibach Pro kit/sportlines. I've read these are the bomb diggity

Rondan97Jan-28-08 07:02 AM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
107 posts,
#31040, "RE: Need thoughts, before install..."
In response to Reply # 8

I'm sure he's not really taking suggestions anymore since this thread is over 2 1/2 years old

95' Avenger - Turbocharged Toy (SOLD)
99' Eclipse - Daily Driver (SOLD)
01' Audi A4 Quattro - Euro Cruiser (TRADED IN)

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27193 Previous topic | Next topic