Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26830
View in threaded mode

Subject: "APEXi coilovers" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
BumpinTalonApr-11-05 12:53 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26830, "APEXi coilovers"

anybody got em??? I think FlyinESi does.. but I'm not sure. couldn't find anything in the search about them.. but they look like a solid product. anybody have any experience with them?

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
got_NXApr-11-05 03:10 PM
Member since Dec 22nd 2004
225 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26831, "RE: APEXi coilovers"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes, I have them on my fast and furious car...WOOHOO! Never used them yet though. The quality of product is AAA+++. They seem to be very stiff but mine are not broke in yet. Ride height is very low. If you have a body kit these might create a problem. Right now with my blitz bumper I have about 1.5" clearance with this suspension. I'm having a 1" billet spacer made and adding longer studs to my shock perch to gain a extra inch of height. These coilovers are ride height adjustable/ as well as dampening but are extremely low at highest point.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTApr-11-05 03:46 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#26833, "RE: APEXi coilovers"
In response to Reply # 1

I have tein basics and they fucking rule.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

FlyinEsiApr-12-05 09:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#26839, "RE: APEXi coilovers"
In response to Reply # 2

Yep, I have the Apex'i World Sport Coilovers, they kick major ass!! I've riden in a few other lowered cars on just spring/strut combos and they can't even compare to these. I love them to death!! Such a smooth ride, adjustable, look sharp too, when you can see them.

turbo8uApr-13-05 09:22 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#26853, "RE: APEXi coilovers"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by got_NX
They seem to be very stiff but mine are not broke in yet.

how long does it take for your suspension to 'break in'

lmao

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

got_NXApr-14-05 01:44 AM
225 posts,
#26867, "RE: APEXi coilovers"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by turbo8u
Originally posted by got_NX They seem to be very stiff but mine are not broke in yet.
how long does it take for your suspension to 'break in' lmao

Well let see? I don't drive my car on a daily basis. Matter of fact I havn't driven it in over a year. So it will be a while Jackass before they will be broke in.

Ducking_FumbassApr-14-05 03:25 AM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#26872, "RE: APEXi coilovers"
In response to Reply # 5

I've never heard of a suspension needing a break-in period. Neither has Chris, apparently.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-14-05 07:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14937 posts,
#26879, "RE: APEXi coilovers"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by got_NX
Originally posted by got_NX They seem to be very stiff but mine are not broke in yet.
how long does it take for your suspension to 'break in' lmao
Well let see? I don't drive my car on a daily basis. Matter of fact I havn't driven it in over a year. So it will be a while Jackass before they will be broke in.

So that's how you know how to park so well. You do it once, and never move it. Gotcha.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

turbo8uApr-14-05 07:56 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#26880, "RE: APEXi coilovers"
In response to Reply # 7

suspension doesnt need to be broken in assflaps.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

got_NXApr-14-05 09:09 AM
225 posts,
#26881, "RE: APEXi coilovers"
In response to Reply # 8

suspension doesnt need to be broken in assflaps.

If you say so...you know all!

MCubed45Apr-14-05 11:49 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#26896, "RE: APEXi coilovers"
In response to Reply # 9

i thought springs settle a bit lower over time?

-marc

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26830 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic