Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26755
View in threaded mode

Subject: "to add injury to insult....tow company fucked up my car" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Previous topic | Next topic
turbo8uApr-06-05 07:18 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26755, "to add injury to insult....tow company fucked up my car"
Apr-06-05 07:20 AM by turbo8u

my car got towed last night

i locked the steering wheel to the right and parked real close to the curb. (same spot as in my sig, but facing forward not backed in) when i came out at 5:30am it was gone...all i see is tire marks where they dragged me out. my heart sunk

i didnt even have enough money to get it out of impound but i fuckin pulled it out of my ass... fuck im BROKE!

so i finally get to the tow yard and see her sitting there, steering wheel is STILL LOCKED....

i get in and drive it and its shaking like crazy and whining like a bitch. i pull over...

they ripped the fuck out of my driver side axle boots and fucked up the steering assembly...WOW, my life really fucking sucks right now ya know!??!!!

im talking to a lawyer tomorrow hopefully and sueing these bitch ass mother fuckers!

seriously though, please give me advice

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
WIDECLIPSEApr-06-05 07:27 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26757, "RE: to add injury to insult....tow company fucked up my car"
In response to Reply # 0

damn man that SUX. What sux even more is they are going to get away with it. All they have to say is "It was like that when I picked it up." You have the burden of proof, and you don't have any. That really sux man

-Roman

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KirbyApr-06-05 07:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#26758, "RE: to add injury to insult....tow company fucked up my car"
In response to Reply # 0

Why did they tow you, Is it a no parking area or do you not display your pass or something? In VA at least I know that they are pretty much not responsible for damages to your car from the tow if you were breaking the law. If they tow it improperly like put it on and it falls off or something that's a different situation. But any damage to the car from a proper tow (ie: you leave the car in reverse so it can't be towed, or locking your wheel, etc etc) then you are responsible for the damages yourself...

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

turbo8uApr-06-05 07:43 AM
10552 posts,
#26760, "RE: to add injury to insult....tow company fucked up my car"
In response to Reply # 2
Apr-06-05 07:47 AM by turbo8u

theyve been towing me illegally....this is #3

theyre saying the night patrol guys called it in as a expired registration, but my current registration was blantantly in the windshield

fuckin...dont tell me im going to have to pay for this out of my pocket...thats not what i wanted to here. fuck these bitches!

edit: my proof is the tire drag marks on the curb and ground in the parking spot. also rub marks on my wheel indicate they dragged it when towing. also the FRESH axle boot grease and minimal scattering indicate the damage was done recently. especially with the method used to tow the car, they definately fucked my axle up and i can prove it

edit2:

it feels like someone just raped my wife or something...im so ridiculously mad im about to pull some vigilante justice shit up in this bitch

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

JoshSpair.com

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-06-05 08:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#26761, "RE: to add injury to insult....tow company fucked up my car"
In response to Reply # 3

Explain how the tow tore an axle boot and discombobulated the rack and pinion?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

turbo8uApr-06-05 08:12 AM
10552 posts,
#26762, "RE: to add injury to insult....tow company fucked up my car"
In response to Reply # 4
Apr-06-05 08:13 AM by turbo8u

Originally posted by DarkOne
Explain how the tow tore an axle boot and discombobulated the rack and pinion?

they used hooks to pull the car up and hooked them on the lower lateral arms, i asked the tow guy how he towed it and he told me. i bet they hooked the arm, and when pulling it...punctured the axle.

the axle boot has a PUNCTURE...its not torn. meaning something stuck into it.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

JoshSpair.com

WIDECLIPSEApr-06-05 08:38 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#26763, "RE: to add injury to insult....tow company fucked up my car"
In response to Reply # 5

I hope to God you can get your shit fixed man. I guess if anybody can prove shit in court it's you. Just leave your weed spray at the house

-Roman

turbo8uApr-06-05 09:03 AM
10552 posts,
#26765, "RE: to add injury to insult....tow company fucked up my car"
In response to Reply # 6
Apr-06-05 09:03 AM by turbo8u

is it possible to replace the steering arm coming out of the rack? or just that boot? its possible they got both the axle boot and the steering arm boot. there's grease everywhere.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

JoshSpair.com

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-06-05 09:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#26766, "RE: to add injury to insult....tow company fucked up my car"
In response to Reply # 7

Yeah, it's possible. Never done it, but it's possible.. look up replacing an inner tie rod.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

RxR_EclipseApr-06-05 09:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#26767, "RE: to add injury to insult....tow company fucked up my car"
In response to Reply # 8

In our city any damages resulting from a tow that is called in is not thier responsiblity. Even if they use you TIRE to pull your car away from the curb(which I saw myself, guy put the hook right into the tire and had his partner pull on the handle that activates the winch). Really suck for this to happen to you man. I hope it goes well, but if it was the police that called it in then you will have a hard time getting any money out of them. If they just towed it for shits and giggles (no police report on the call) then it is them that is in the wrong and you would have to sue them. Most likely if they are doing that(towing without cause) to you, then they are doing it to other cars and there would be more than just you to go to court with.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

eclipse982nrRSTApr-06-05 12:08 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#26768, "RE: to add injury to insult....tow company fucked up my car"
In response to Reply # 9

wow, i wanted to cry while reading turby
what i would do is this:
take pics of everything for a lawyer (i.e the rubber marks, puncture, etc)

then call the tow company and say you want the car # or squad # of the police/security who called it in for exprired registration. if they dont give it to you, they should have seen your registration was valid in your window when they towed it since most tow co's copy ur VIN # down on paper. if you get the car # of who called it in, you ca sure them as well.

anyway, only way your going to get some money for it is to prove your case obvisously, and i think this is your best way. the police or whoever will need some good shit to prove your reg was expired when it clearly shows its valid in yoru window ya know.

get a good lawyer and go at the fuckers man. good luck.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26755 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Previous topic | Next topic