Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2361
View in threaded mode

Subject: "rims ???? 17's and questions" Previous topic | Next topic
TalonMay-17-01 10:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2361, "rims ???? 17's and questions"

i can get a set of 4 brand new 5lug rims that are 17's off of ebay for around 375

they look like this

also is it too corny or unoriginal to get some that another member has? hey klipz you like um enough that you would recomend them to me? i am just looking at buy new tires here soon and i really dont want to pay 120 per tire for 16's when i can get 17's for almost the same price for some kick ass yokohama's

?????

Talon
97'Talon Esi
Injen short ram
stock 16" rims <---heck yeah !!!
AEM cam gears

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
klipzracerMay-18-01 12:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2362, "RE: rims ???? 17's and questions"
In response to Reply # 0

hmmm..........there should be some custom shops in dayton. i paid about 400 for the wheels and 113 a piece for the yokamama's
there nice but i'm kinda board with them.
had em for about a year now.

Chris Dishmon
-----------Mods-----------
Interior:
-color painted interior
-fire extinguisher
-Topspeed short shifter
-aluminum shift knob and pedals
-Grant Evolution steering wheel
Exterior:
-Neo Blitz Front Bumper
-17" ICW 10 spoke wheels w/ 215/45 yokahama's
-APR GT1 adjustable aluminum wing
-Toyota Supra turn signal/foglights
-Aerogear fiberglass hood w/ Sparco hoodpins
Engine:
-Weapon R intake w/ ram air hook up
-NGK plugs
-Accel 8mm ignition wires
-Catco hi-flow cat convertor
-Apexi Dunk Muffler
Suspension:
-front and rear strut tower bars
-Tenzo R lowering springs
-front and rear camber adjustment
Stereo:
-Kenwood In-dash CD player
-Kenwood graphic EQ
-Orion Cobalt amp
-6 1/2" Infinity Kappa speakers
-6X9 Alpines speakers
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TalonMay-18-01 05:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
#2363, "RE: rims ???? 17's and questions"
In response to Reply # 1

i am looking at getting shoguns....but i want them chromed...anyone know what the average price on chroming is???

Talon
97'Talon Esi
Injen short ram
AEM cam gears

TeamMichael_97RSMay-18-01 07:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#2364, "RE: rims ???? 17's and questions"
In response to Reply # 2

I want to say it's like $125 a wheel or something like that.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather Filters, 55mm TB, GS-T Muffler, FU/RU/RL STBs, Front NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., Red Silicone Hose Kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Intake manifold 4 porting, Rear Motor Mount Ins. RRE FL Tie Bar(Well Almost), TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17, Slver Cadmium Plated KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads on their way.

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

TalonMay-18-01 09:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
#2365, "RE: rims ???? 17's and questions"
In response to Reply # 3

damn sounds like i will get them put on and then save for a chrome jobbie hehehe thanks

Talon
97'Talon Esi
Injen short ram
AEM cam gears

cyanMay-18-01 03:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#2366, "RE: rims ???? 17's and questions"
In response to Reply # 4

my wheels were $575 each, $125 of that was for the chrome, so michael youre pretty close, i think 17s may be a little cheaper to chrome, maybe all four for $400 flat. depends on where you get it done at and how well the job is done. done skimp out on the price or you will regret it. any chrome done for under $350 is questionable, it will chip, fade and may scratch too easily. chrome shoguns will look nice though

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

cyanMay-18-01 03:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#2367, "one more thing"
In response to Reply # 5

if you want to get an idea of what your chrome will turn out like based on the price you pay, go around town and look at some chrome wheels. the cheap chrome wheels (KMC,prime, eagle) will all have a considerably duller chrome, when looking at it it will look like a reflective silver, if you look at mine, or some lexanis, niche's, neepers, etc, it will be completely reflective. 100% mirror finish, it should look like glass. if you go with a cheap chrome job you wont get this for what you pay.

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

TalonMay-19-01 12:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
#2368, "RE: one more thing"
In response to Reply # 6

thanks man...now would you suggest putting the shoguns on or waiting cause DAMN i dont want to scratch them in anyway before i chrome them...fuck i dont want to scratch them even after they are chromed. thanks again man!

Talon
97'Talon Esi
Injen short ram
AEM cam gears

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2361 Previous topic | Next topic