Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2347
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Rear wheels lean in, can it be fixed?" Previous topic | Next topic
john98rsMay-16-01 02:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
12 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2347, "Rear wheels lean in, can it be fixed?"

Hi, I've noticed that my rear wheels lean in towards the top of the tires. This is your camber right? I haven't lowered my car or anything and it's not that bad but recently I bought my new rims with wider tires. I think my tires are going to start wearing on the inside edge because of the lean. Anyways I was wondering if I bring it in for an alignment, can they change the camber on the rear wheels? I read somewhere you can't on the front but I don't know about the back.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
John99RSMay-16-01 03:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#2348, "RE: Rear wheels lean in, can it be fixed?"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes it's the camber. It's supposed to have a slight negative camber....comes that way from the factory. If the tires are wearing on you, it might have something to do with the toe. The toe is the only thing you can adjust on our cars....we don't have any way of adjusting camber front or rear. I would take it somewhere that offers a free allignment check(Pep Boys).....if the toe is out, then pay for an allignment. Since you aren't lowered at all, I don't think it's your camber at all. Mine is lowered 1.5 inches and with a rear camber kit at +2 degrees, it kept the exact same negative camber it came with from the factory. I did have the toe adjusted though. Hope I explained myself ok. Later....

John
AOL IM: John99RS
john99rs@hotmail.com
http://johnseclipse.homestead.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

john98rsMay-16-01 04:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
12 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2349, "RE: Rear wheels lean in, can it be fixed?"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks for the answer. They're not wearing yet. I just thought since it's leaning a little that it would eventually. If it does start to I'll bring it in. I didn't know you couldn't change the camber.. I even went to a few garages to ask them if they could look at it and they didn't say it couldn't be changed. Either they don't know it can't be changed or they just want my money.. those bastards!

TalonMay-16-01 04:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
#2350, "RE: Rear wheels lean in, can it be fixed?"
In response to Reply # 2

oh shit dont get klipz in on this post...

Talon
97'Talon Esi
Injen short ram
stock 16" rims <---heck yeah !!!
AEM cam gears

klipzracerMay-16-01 04:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#2351, "RE: Rear wheels lean in, can it be fixed?"
In response to Reply # 3

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!??! hehehe

Chris Dishmon
-----------Mods-----------
Interior:
-color painted interior
-fire extinguisher
-Topspeed short shifter
-aluminum shift knob and pedals
-Grant Evolution steering wheel
Exterior:
-Neo Blitz Front Bumper
-17" ICW 10 spoke wheels w/ 215/45 yokahama's
-APR GT1 adjustable aluminum wing
-Toyota Supra turn signal/foglights
-Aerogear fiberglass hood w/ Sparco hoodpins
Engine:
-Weapon R intake w/ ram air hook up
-NGK plugs
-Accel 8mm ignition wires
-Catco hi-flow cat convertor
-Apexi Dunk Muffler
Suspension:
-front and rear strut tower bars
-Tenzo R lowering springs
-front and rear camber adjustment
Stereo:
-Kenwood In-dash CD player
-Kenwood graphic EQ
-Orion Cobalt amp
-6 1/2" Infinity Kappa speakers
-6X9 Alpines speakers
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

TalonMay-16-01 08:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
#2352, "RE: Rear wheels lean in, can it be fixed?"
In response to Reply # 4

dude you were pointing out all the bad setups. like man his shit is all messed up...his tires will be replaced in a few months

Talon
97'Talon Esi
Injen short ram
stock 16" rims <---heck yeah !!!
AEM cam gears

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2347 Previous topic | Next topic