Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22793
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Sportlines w/ stock struts?" Previous topic | Next topic
PhanatikMar-04-04 03:19 PM
Member since Jul 06th 2003
89 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22793, "Sportlines w/ stock struts?"

What's up people! I just got Eibach Sportlines and I was wondering if running them with stock struts is a bad idea. Do I really need to get KYB's or Tokico's or would it be fine just using stock struts. I don't race or anything so I don't wanna spend more money on something I don't really need. I just do basic everyday driving. Plus, I have 18's and I don't know if that plays a factor as well. Thanks in advance for your advice. Thanks a lot.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
nightwolf2369Mar-04-04 03:44 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2003
951 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22794, "RE: Sportlines w/ stock struts?"
In response to Reply # 0

yes you will need new shocks, and get the tokicos

I no longer have my 99 rs because i totaled it!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Diceman19Mar-04-04 04:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#22795, "RE: Sportlines w/ stock struts?"
In response to Reply # 1

i have stock struts with my sportlines. is my suspension setup the best? no. get them if you have money. if not, then you CAN run them without, but normally it is not looked highly upon.

eclipse_99rsMar-05-04 07:26 AM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#22811, "RE: Sportlines w/ stock struts?"
In response to Reply # 2

sportlines killed my stock struts in like 4months now i have tokico blues which are much better.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

WickedESiMar-05-04 08:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#22812, "RE: Sportlines w/ stock struts?"
In response to Reply # 3

My stock struts blew the FIRST day w/ Sportlines. Riding on blown shocks is dangerous, don't do it! Your going to have to pay for an alignment twice if you still put them on w/ stock struts (until you realize it was a bad idea).

Don't get KYB AGX's w/ a drop as low as Sportlines or further, they have been known to explode, since they don't provide the neccessary travel for this particular setup. I recommend the illumnas because they have a liftime warranty, and other reasons.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Diceman19Mar-06-04 10:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#22829, "RE: Sportlines w/ stock struts?"
In response to Reply # 4

how is it dangerous and explain why i would need to get multiple alignments due to blown shocks.

WickedESiMar-07-04 09:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#22853, "RE: Sportlines w/ stock struts?"
In response to Reply # 5

It's dangerous because your tires loose the contact patch when your car bobs up and down, and in certain situations can cause you to loose control.

The reason I said you'd need multiple alignments is because you should always get an alignment when you change something on your suspension, ESPECIALLY the ride height, because excessive toe out is more dangerous then riding on blown shocks, but I said twice because once after you install the springs, then once after you realize it sucks and install performance shocks.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Diceman19Mar-08-04 03:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#22856, "RE: Sportlines w/ stock struts?"
In response to Reply # 6

my car is not bouncy at all. maybe i already have some type of aftermarket struts. i have been rolling these for quite a while now. it is a little rougher of a ride, but that is to be expected when you drop 2". the only thing i dont like about the ride is that the steering wheel shakes at 70 mph and if i hit certain spots on my local highway i feel like i am ramping into outerspace. that is how i damaged my front end. i did a little rampy over a bad spot in the road and came in for a crash landing nose first. needless to say, the company responsible payed me 500 bucks.

RemyMar-08-04 04:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#22857, "RE: Sportlines w/ stock struts?"
In response to Reply # 7

The sportlines will blow your stock shocks sooner or later. This is a fact but if you wanna ride with them now i am sure you can but they WILL blow.

SkrillaMar-08-04 06:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#22859, "RE: Sportlines w/ stock struts?"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Diceman19
my car is not bouncy at all. maybe i already have some type of aftermarket struts. i have been rolling these for quite a while now. it is a little rougher of a ride, but that is to be expected when you drop 2". the only thing i dont like about the ride is that the steering wheel shakes at 70 mph and if i hit certain spots on my local highway i feel like i am ramping into outerspace. that is how i damaged my front end. i did a little rampy over a bad spot in the road and came in for a crash landing nose first. needless to say, the company responsible payed me 500 bucks.

Dude they will blow period it isnt' a matter or IF it is a matter of when, typically it take between 3-6 months but they WILL blow

Most of the time you will need to realign your car, I've done my suspension completely and never needed an alignment, but my caseis the minority

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22793 Previous topic | Next topic